Sin city=do not watch when high

Discussion in 'Movies' started by NinjaToker92, Jul 27, 2011.

1. I decided to watch sin city while for my first time seeing it. I have have seen shit ton slasher films, but for some reason this movie is awesome but really fucked up at the same time. I was enjoying the way the movie was shot but, the part with marv in it was way too intense and kinda scary while I'm high. I didn't finish it because some movies should probably shouldn't be watched while high. So anyone else ever watch a movie that made you paranoid while high? by the way i'm incredibly high while I type this.

2. I watched one of the saw films when high once, theres a scene where a girl gets her scalp ripped off by some type of mechanical device. The dvd player went swiftly off.

3. haha Sincity is awesome when high. The first time I ever saw it was at the movie theatre high.

Love the music and the art style of the movie

4. #4 ___, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I've never seen Sin City, but from what I've heard from others it's supposed to be a pretty cool movie. Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof had the same effect on me. Never watch while high, that movie freaked me hell out lol. It's a good movie otherwise though, very gory and violent if you're into movies like that.

No joke! There's no way in hell I'd watch that stoned, I can barely stand Saw films sober! Haha :eek:

5. I watched it for my first time while super high I thought it was really really good, loved the narration and directing in it. What was the problem...

6. Well, the heads hanging on the wall. That kid getting eaten by a wolf and having his head cut off and just sit in the middle of the frame for what seemed like 10 minutes while marv talked to that priest. The way the plot kept twisting with marv and he couldn't tell if he was actually crazy or someone else killed Goldie, the way it happened made me feel like I was insane ass well. While sober, i can handle gore no problem. But when i'm high, my tolerance for gore and fucked up shit goes right out the window.

7. dont even remember watching this movie, need to watch it super high now souds good.

8. I disagree, it's an awesome movie to watch stoned.

9. Marv is a creepy bastard, but seriously if you wanna see something thatll scare you shitless stoned, watch Nightmares in red white and blue, its on netflix instant watch, its a doc. on horror kind of but its FUCKED up

10. I worry a lot about death, i keep myself occupied most of the time so I can be happy and not think about it. The part with marv made all the fucked up shit i'm scared of come to life in my mind. When i'm high i just think about whatever comes to mind, when i'm sober I can block out negativity. So I have seen a lot of horror films while sober but I only watched comedies and some action movies when i'm high.

11. I've watched TV on acid before......

bad medicine

12. the ring
    definitely the scariest movie i've ever seen high, thing is though i watched it like a year later sober and it wasn't anywhere near as bad

13. Don't watch inception when you're high. It makes the movie like 10 times more confusing than it already is. It also kind of scares you into thinking that your life is a dream.

14. #14 Johnny Blazed, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
    the refrigerator scene with the grandma on speed in requiem fucked with me and when the music starts playing and the ass to ass scene and the grandma's gettin electro therapy lol

that whole movie was fucked it just left me feelin shitty

15. Sin City is awesome, can`t imagine why being high would stop you from watching such a good movie. I don`t think being high really changes what I wouldn`t do, I`m not any more squeamish or anything but hey thats me.

16. Lets hope nobody with any kind of proper morals, or anybody who hasn't been completely and utterly brainwashed by the desensitizing mainstream media and pop culture stumbles across that.

In fact, I hope nobody watches that film ever, including you and I

17. I don't think I've ever gotten really freaked out by a movie, high or sober. :poke:

The first time I saw Sin City, I was high as fuck.
    The only problem was that I kept spacing out and when I tuned back in I had no idea what the hell was going on. I was pretty lost for the whole damn movie. :p

18. Oh snap, that one link looks really messed up. I'm high all the time and can't remember the last time I saw a movie sober, but I can't imagine watching that regardless.

Thanks for the warning Smokeebear ;)