Simulation Theory is plausible

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Nizbomb, Jul 2, 2013.

1. http://www.transcend.ws/has-james-gates-discovered-computer-code-in-string-theory-equations-welcome-to-the-matrix/

Like many people, I'm a big fan of the movie The Matrix. But to think that this fun, mind fuck of a concept is actually plausible, blows my fucking mind. A theoretical physicist by the name of Dr S James Gates discovered computer code in the form of 1's and 0's embedded deep within the equations used to describe the fundamental building blocks of the universe, also known as String Theory. The same code that drives search engines, error correction and browsers on your computers and phones, describe you, me, the planet Earth, the Sun, Mars, Hitler, the millions of jews he killed, your neighbor's annoying lap dog, any physical thing you can possibly think of. 

Gates said "if someone suspected they did live in a virtual reality, then detecting computer codes would be a way to confirm it."
    He also said "we have no idea what these 'things' are doing here"

We may in fact be living obliviously, in a simulated universe inside of a computer, created thousands, maybe even millions of years ago by the real carbon based life forms that we once believed to be me and you. What a goddamn mind job. 

An interesting philosophical theory to say the least. Out of all the mind fucks I've heard throughout my life, this one really rocks me to the core of my very being. The fact that this may all just be nothing more than a computer simulated reality... Wow. It leaves me speechless. 

The video below is of Neil DeGrasse Tyson interviewing Dr Gates about this discovery. Even Tyson is blown away by this concept.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvXaclRlHs

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Randomly genorated respone based on op

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I think your crazy for believing this

4. I had a high thought awhile back, I posted it here on another thread I believe.

What if the world we live in is a "simulation" kind of like the sims video game except way more advanced. And god is the owner of this game. And he has a "virtual helmet" that allows him to come onto earth( his game) which is how Jesus arrived. Everyone in God's world has his own game, where they can set different features, which are other dimensions. And satan is a computer hacker who try's to hack into people's games. We are only the avatars in gods game.

i remember that thought was a complete mindfuck to me while I was high.

5. I think you spelled "you're" wrong
    Also, show me where I said I believed this...
    why are people on this site so quick to assume things

6. #7 SiriusWolff, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    There is a guy on here that runs a simulation where it has plants,animals, environment and it evolves and grows. I think the thread is called re creating evolution. The simulated life forms learn and grow and actually evolve over time. It's pretty mind blowing.

7. Sorry my spelling isn't up to par. Sorry for assuming. I didn't read it all, I shouldn't have left a comment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

9. Yeah I'm not buying the whole simulation thing. I think I know what's real...

10. i didn't see the Matrix but feel i have a good idea of what it was about more or less...
    For me the question is "What is Real?"

The feedback we get from the holes in our heads (eyes, ears, nose, throat) falls short of proving that any "thing" or anyone (person collection of concepts, fears, doubts, beliefs) is real simply because there is a form called a human being that has a shelf life (expiration date) doesn't make for passing the "reality" test...

Reality per Eastern thought is that which does not change, no coming or going, no birth or death, no beginning, no end... Free from the 3 gunas or the laws of the physical plane, cycles of birth & death.

Everyone is looking "out there" to find out who or what they are or to get more kicks because that is the tribal or group consciousness (or unconsciousness) if what is real... he that has the most toys, pleasure, excitement, success, etc. wins... you know, Trumpian style... lmao

Will let you guys work this one out while i continue to deprogram my conceptual ID from all the insanity of the group unconsciousness.... Enjoy yourselves...
    :laughing:

11. I've always considered string theory to be a form of pseudoscience. It isn't possible to observe or measure, in any way. Consequently, there is no way of knowing whether it is true or not. I don't completely dismiss the possibility of us living in some sort of simulation, but I do not believe string theory helps (in any way) to prove that we really are living in one.

12. i said i was done here but after "string theory" was mentioned it begged the question...

How can any of these theories change or affect the quality of our lives? If it doesn't affect our peace of mind, joy, happiness, financial status, etc.... why waste the time and mental energy dwelling on these things, simulation, string, whatever... it's all relative...

Now finding out how we ended up with these false self identifications from the intial sense of "i exist" or "i am" and going back to that state to hang in (so to speak) while busy in activity i find interesting...

Otherwise we don't know who we are but for genetics, environment, parental figure guidance or lack thereof, etc... That to me is a concern.. who can be content with being programmed from birth? if not from in the womb?
    :confused_2: