Simpsons

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by BeeMduB916, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Any one on here a huge fan like me? I always wait to get new DVD sets. Any one have them? I have 1-9 and crave more

2. i think its gone downhill

3. I love The Simpsons, they're awesome! I don't got any of the dvds though, but I don't collect dvds in general. It would be cool to have them though, I'll be able to watch The Simpsons anytime I want instead of waiting for it to air on T.V. :D

4. I think family guy ripping them off didn't help much, but it's still pretty funny. And yeah, I watch whatever classic episode I want. It's amazing

5. I'm almost certain I have seasons 1-13. They keep showing the newer episodes on my local channel though, it's really depressing. :(

6. Like syndication channels? And that's all the sets out right? 1-13?

7. Great show I grew up watching it!

8. Simpsons has lost its charm.

9. I am not agree with Mick. Simpson has it's own charm and it can't be less or loose.

10. Seasons 3-12 they were golden. After that, they started their big decline. It wasn't really all that noticeable until season 18 though. That's when they really fell off. Seasons 13-17 were still pretty consistently funny. Not the magic of the previous seasons, but they still held their own. When season 18 rolled around and they started to move more towards the social commentary style, they suffered. A lot of episodes started to become Lisa-centric because she is their voice of reason. It started to get annoying and unlikeable. We started to see less of the town as well.

I still watch all the new episodes because I'm entirely loyal to the series and will watch until the day it finishes, but I wish it'd be soon. This next season they will hit episode 500. It would be a great send off, but no way they or Fox is going to go for it...

11. Yeah, I think family guy spoils a lot of the simpsons ideas. It takes a month for them to produce a show from an idea, I bet family guy cranks them out.

12. I own and watch seasons 1-15 but anything after that I have not been a fan of.

13. ive got 1-8. the difference between old eps and new ones are back with the classics, it was highly intelligent and jokes came one after the other...new eps have one or two good jokes per show.

14. Yeah, I enjoy the new episodes for the fact that they take time on their craft. They are still intelligent, but since family guy is so outright with their jokes, it changed the format.

15. It needs to be put out of its misery.

16. Should've cancelled it a long time ago. I feel like its just dragging on.

I don't find so funny, but I enjoy watching it.

17. for me Simpson is the best !