Simpsons getting more crude like family guy?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by seboONEism, Mar 31, 2011.

1. is it just my theory or has anyone else noticed that The Simpsons has gotten a little more into "Suggestive themes" and like more crude material almost in a means to compete with family guy? I dunno if that's the case I just kind of thought about it.

Also I have always been a simpsons fan, and don't favour family guy over the simpsons or vice versa

2. yeah
    i get what youre saying here and i agree...kinda.

3. Simpsons has also been dumbing down its writing a fair bit for the last 10 years or so.

4. Maybe because the audience is getting less intelligent.

5. "Don't have a cow, man"

You can eat my shorts OP

6. Dont fuck with Family Guy.

7. Family guy is awful.

8. You are mad crazy, Buy a DVD or two. You're totally sleepin' on them

9. Dont u meen sleepin with them

10. I watched a season or two but I could not dig it. There is some quality humor throughout it but for the most part it is just stupid.
    I prefer more "intelligent" satirical humor; such as curb your enthusiasm, south park, arrested development.

11. honestly the Simpsons has been going downhill for awhile i have not laughed at a new episode in awhile

12. I don't think its any more crude than its ever been, which isn't much anyway.
    Def not on par with some of the insanely crude shit Family Guy comes up with

I like them both tho. Simpsons was a lot better like 10 years ago of course, too

13. This 100%. I would say it was about after season 9 that the Simpsons started to take a turn for the worst. Granted it stayed consistently funny for a good long while after. It wasn't until season 18 where it became painfully obvious that the show had lost it's originality and greatness. Now we're on season 22 and I haven't really gotten a good laugh for about 4 seasons. The last two being the absolute worst in history. Give me season 3-8 and I'll forever watch them over and over (as I already do) and laugh myself silly.

14. couldn't have said it better myself

15. dont get me wrong family guy is funny sometimes sometimes. but its just a complete rip off of the simpsons..

16. some good episodes like the stewie sperm wars one. but theres alot that are just like insert joke here. i think theres alot better tv out there.

17. family guys uses the same jokes waaaaay to many times.. it also feels like one big gay joke every episode

18. I dont how people can be so naive to believe that a show wont change throughout the years. Of course the simpsons have changed man... It's been running in the air for 20 years.

Your precius little south park is also going to change sometime and so is family guy. I like all mentioned shows, but what i like about simpsons is the characters and their personality. The plot is hard. They offended many people thru their 20 years, finding something new and original is hard after so long time. They're just adapting, and in my opinion they're doing goood.

19. Yeah, south park has already gone through its changes. The episodes have kinda been doing the same thing for a few years now.

It just seems more noticeable with the simpsons, with the HD switch right about the same time they obviously got new writers

20. south park takes the cake on the crude level