Simple, Vegan Lunch Ideas?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by kowaihannah, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Anyone have any simple, vegan lunch recipes/ideas?
    Lunch is always the hardest meal for me, and when I feel most tempted to stray off my diet.
    I want to eat lunches that have a lot of veggies or fruits and have no dairy or eggs. It could have eggs maybe...but no dairy (lactose intolerant).
    Vegan is best.
    Post some recipes please :) :smoke:

2. I'm not vegan, but I usually have a mixture of cherry tomatos, carrot sticks, and broccoli for lunch. With ranch.

I dunno if ranch is vegan or not, but it's damn good with veggies.

I also like assorted nuts, like almonds and cashews.

Also:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vegan+recipes

3. My first choice would be veggie sushi.

4. Um k. I've googled it before obviously, but I never really liked most of the results. Just wanted to know if anyone on GC ate vegan stuff and could let me know what they eat. :devious: raawr

5. I love sushi so i would go with veggie sushi. Im not vegan though. I'm a manly meat eater ;) I eat my shit raw, i don't even cook it. I got a stomach of a Spotted Hyena.

6. Steamed.broccli and a side.of fruits and nuts

7. Being vegan is against being human, but I now include much more fruits and veggies now that I cut out crappy fast food.

Bowl of rice, miso soup, and maybe some 100% fruit juice. Sometimes jamba juice.

Last night I had chocolate muffins cut into pie slices, scooped peanutbutter in between slices and crumbled granola bars on the PB, also sliced some apples.

Fucking feel great every morning! :)

8. ^lol..that is a bit extreme

9. Pasta is easy. There's a tasty way too

Throw your pasta noodles onto a skillet and put some olive oil in. Add salt, Italian herbs, pepper, really whatever u like. I like to add garlic as well.

Let that cool for a few minutes on a low heat and simply add your pasta sauce to the skillet and let that cook for a few.

Boom. A yummy meal

10. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']Being vegan is against being human, but I now include much more fruits and veggies now that I cut out crappy fast food.

Bowl of rice, miso soup, and maybe some 100% fruit juice. Sometimes jamba juice.

Last night I had chocolate muffins cut into pie slices, scooped peanutbutter in between slices and crumbled granola bars on the PB, also sliced some apples.

Fucking feel great every morning! :)[/quote]

I agree. The earth.exists fpe humans, animals too.

Without us it would just sit here in a cycle untill the sun or something else whiped out all life on earth.

Also.the bible.sais the same thing. If your.christian, then god put the animals here for you to eat

11. i'm a vegan!

and i dunno, are we talking portable? if so: i like to bring a tub of hummus and tahini (google it if you want to make some, it's super easy) to eat with wheat thins or wheat bread and have that with a piece of fruit or something. sometimes i make a sandwich (false deli meat). if i'm cooking i'll usually have some sort of whole grain (quinoa, brown rice, etc) with beans or veggies or tofu or sauce.

other vegan staples that ensure a wide range of nutritious benefits and protein: chickpeas (roast 'em, eat 'em on salads, chickpea burgers), nutritional yeast (put it on everything, seriously), stewed red beans (eat them on a tortilla, over rice, by themselves), soy cheese (make sure there's no casein in it, though)

yep.

12. OH I FORGOT
    pro-tip
    cheapest, easiest, least healthy vegan munchies:
    pillsbury crescent rolls (vegan! gross, i know) wrapped around chocolate and baked. insta-chocolate croissants for when you really need something unhealthy. do this.

13. #14 xpixiex, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    I'm just starting to eat vegetarian.:hello:

I purchased a book about healthy Chinese/Asian foods. It includes recipes, plus you get to learn about Traditional Chinese Medicine too. Basically good nutrition results in good health. :DAlthough some recipes say to include meat, you could probably just substitute something else for it or cut it out of the recipe(s).

Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen: Recipes from the East for Health, Healing, and Long Life

The book includes recipes for soups, side dishes, main dishes, snacks, teas and stocks/sauce, plus with those recipes it usually says what it is good for. IE Women recovering from childbirth, recovering from sickness, diabetes, insomnia, digestion issues, high blood pressure, etc.

And here's something that I found pretty coo... It's a list of fruits and veggies that are categorized by color.

Eat the Rainbow