simple question...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IGotTheCottons, Jul 14, 2003.

1. a friend of mine is interested in growing, but is limited on space. i told him that he could control plant size with pot size, but i can't find the thing that says how tall plants will grow in certain sized pots (ie: how tall plants will get in .5 gal., 1 gal., and 1.5 gal. pots). i thought i saw it around here a while back, but can't seem to find it. he's looking to keep the plants at around 2'-2.5'... any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. HIGH IGotTheCottons, how's it going?

Me I'd germ however you do it and then transplant into a 4" pot then grow it to around 12" (30cm) then transplant into a 1gl and then into Bud and hopefully by the time it stops growing in Bud it'd be around that height...maybe HIGHer...never know till your friend tries it. Won't be much Bud...but hey it'll be smokable.

3. U could always train it if u have enough width,
    Or cut the grow tip off and make it bushier instead of taller,
    CWL

4. from what ive found out, for every 1 foot of growth you need 1 gal. so a 5 gallon should make a 5foot plant.

5. That depends. I can grow a plant over 5 feet tall in a 1/2 gallon container. It just needs watering so much more often, and its easy to overdose your plants with ferts. I Use 3 gallon containers once sex is determined. The females are transplanted from their 1/2 gallon pop bottles into their new homes, 3 gallon pots,and if they get a little tall I just bend them under the light.This is for a 6 1/2 foot setup mind you. !!!!!!PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. it also depends on the stran you are growing, some are bushy and others are tall and lankey. so just go with whatever, but mostly listen to pete

7. I take that as a compliment. Thank you. Just remember not to drown your plants. The bigger the pot the less you will have to water, and of course less rootbound plants. Bigger pots=bigger buds!!!

8. it's not me who's doing the grow... it's a friend of mine (i'm just giving him some pointers). his choice for strains are as follows: Belladonna, Nebula, Original Misty, and Swiss Bliss. as far as the first 3 are concerned, i'm pretty confident height won't be too hard to control. i'm a little unsure of Swiss Bliss though. thanks for the help all :D

9. You can control plant size easy, by 'topping', cutting off the growing shoots. I used to top early and often, and tried to keep the plants under 2 feet. Just don't top too close to the hour change...seems to delay flowering,

Sherwood Likahit-------