Simple Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PlantMan123, Aug 1, 2016.

1. hello, I am just wondering is this plant a herm or a male? it is 3 weeks into flowering and in first week it started growing balls and I was very disappointed but I tought what the hell and kept on growing it, and there were no bannanas or stuff like that, but now a week and half after the balls came out, it started growing what seem to be female flowers but I want to be sure :) P.S. There maybe wont be any balls visible on pictures because i plucked them out with a pincher, sorry for bad quality but I really don't have a better camera

My Snapshot_54.jpg My Snapshot_56.jpg My Snapshot_58.jpg My Snapshot_60.jpg My Snapshot_61.jpg My Snapshot_55.jpg

edit: PICTURE 56 SAYS IT ALL, BALLS UNDERNEATH THE FLOWER, (too small to pluck out yet)

2. You have to be careful. Female preflowers can sometimes look a little like balls depending on the strain, but they will have a long pistils coming out of the end and be far more elongated.
    Location is everything.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you for reply mook, sorry for my simplemindness but are you saying that this could be a female or a hermie since balls can actually be very little preflowers ?

4. Yes, but not in this case. This looks hermariphic to me. Did you do anything to stress the plant that you can think of?

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

5. This is my first grow and I tend to it very much and very often, everything was carefuly measured from lights to temp and hum. and I built the grow box my self, I use milliliter syrenge to measure nute soulutions, soil was properly aerated with perlite and there are 3 fans , 1 intake 1 exaust and 1 to blow mildly over the plant, there were some errors like the plant roots were praying for space, 3 weeks in little plastic pot and it drooled a bit, I guessed its the roots and I guessed right, when i was transplanting to a big fabric pot the rots were all pressed down and going in circles( formed a wall of somekind) and 1 day after it stoped drooling, I had some mag problems, had some really light yellow leaves coming out the top, solved it by buying epson salt and started adding it to every solution, had N defs, solved by adding more grow nutes, now its all green, but these were not really major defs because i responded as soon as i saw them. also topped it once in veg and cut of some lower leaves wich were left in canopy shade

EDIT: I also have to mention my seeds were from a bag of weed i smoked, and they were sitting behind my pc in dust for unknown duration of time, i found 3 of them and only one made it, and this is the one, now 2 feet tall, I kept it really short by pushing the lights as close as possible and tying it down a bit, it is really really bushy now.

• Like Like x 1