simple question of lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aliceweed, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Newbie grower here... I have a plant that's approximately 5 weeks old, simple mid-grade seed planted ( was anxious and couldn't find a dank clone..) and everything is going fairly well. My only problem is I'm a college student and I'm on a 16/8 light/dark schedule, and according to what I've read before this will give me bud yield in 3.5 - 4.5 months, which falls on xmas break, when I would like to be at home w/ the family. Is it safe to switch to a 12:12 lighting cycle after this much time? Also I've noticed a few edges of some of my leaves are turning slightly brown and curling. It's not all of them, and not terribly bad, but a few of them are concerning me. Any help?? Thank you for any information I receive.

2. 16/8 light schedule has nothing to do with when you will harvest, you can only start counting flowering weeks after you switch to 12/12 and can see the sex of the plant and it has started to bud a little.

Leaf tips brown/curling is nutrient burn... pics will help.

Yes and its safe to switch to 12/12 whenever your ready, and its a must if you want to find out what sex the plant is.

P.S there is no such thing as a DANK clone.

3. thank you for the help, i appreciate it. so how do i know when im ready? i'm in the process in accessing my roomies camera sometime, so i should have pics up shortly. is it realistic to yield some before xmas time if im 5 - 6 weeks into it now? again, thank you for responding so quickly the first time.

4. yeah im in the same bubble as u. i go home the 16th of december. so when i got out here i started my plants they sprouted about sept 24th and i just recentlly put them into flower 5 days ago. its fine if yours is 5 weeks old your good to go on 12/12. just make sure you count backwards from a couple days or whatever u perfer close to the date you leave. i did the same and just counted backwards till i got 56 or so days wich i feel will be enough, cus its bag seed and im not sure. Yeah if you flower now you can expect a yields before xmas given you got a female on your hands, good luck and hope all goes well