simple question about HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by opposite, Mar 10, 2007.

1. i'm not sure what i really know about HPS, but i figure i might want to buy an auto pot and if so i'd want an HPS. i guess i'm looking for a 400w because that's the most common one i see being used, but if anyone could elaborate why it's not necessary to get 400 persay i wouldn't mind.. but i'm not sure what i really know about HPS, do i just need a ballast (which is just like a fixture, right?) and a bulb? and where could i get both of those as cheap as possible?

2. yes hps is the shit.... i wouldn't go any lower than an hps, but if you have the money get a 600w.. because they are supposed to be the most efficient as far as light output compared to power usage. there is a site where i bought a hps light from its called www.htgsupply.com i looked at like 15 websites including ebay and this place had the best deal, (there were some cheaper ones on ebay, but they looked like they were really really low quality) and a hps light comes with the ballast (big metal box that sits on floor, gets really hot) the fixture (bulb screw into it) and the reflector try and get a kit with a metal conversion bulb because then you will get better vegatative growth.

3. i strongly suggest using www.htgsupply.com just like balla said. by far the nicest product for the money.