Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Simple procedure sought: how long/which temp., to cook tiny bits of 'flower' in food?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by VNAV LNAV, Oct 15, 2021.

1. #1 VNAV LNAV, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Bought it over a week ago at the very popular Maggie's Farm near Manitou/CO Springs (3.5 gram, THC 22%), and more in the (literally) underground shop,
    near the pedestrian mall in Boulder. Also 3.5 grams, THC about 20-24% .

* Am familiar with the need to start with tiny bits of bud flower, which when cooked, need up to 1 & 1/2 hours to digest etc., in order to evaluate the desired level of strength.

I smoked a tiny bit (two bits, each barely larger than a puny pencil eraser) to test the THC strength, but we prefer to avoid the sensation of smoke in lungs (but no big deal, now and then).

To clarify:
    ** A) the desired cook temperature range in (pre-heated) electric oven ?
    *** B) the preferred time (a few pieces, roughly the size of half an egg roll)?

Thanks very much. :) My wife hasn't ingested Any THC in approx. 40 years.
    My first time after about -- 42 years -- was only a few days ago....:oops: ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Decarboxylate Cannabis to activate for edible consumption. 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    Pea sized nuggets. ( weed on pie tin in oven )
    An oven thermometer is a good thing to have as many ovens are off 20 degrees or more. Give oven 15 minutes to stabilize before starting.
    Oven Therm.jpg
    5 grams Decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered buds.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil. ( any cooking oil )
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (any kind) strength enhancer.
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)
    Done

Hash-Kief 1 drop =3milligrams THC
    Powdered Buds 1 drop = 1mg THC

Butter and all cooking oils but one take a full 2 hours to reach maximum stone.
    Coconut oil is the one exception and hits in 45 minutes flat.
    Lecithin doubles the stone per MG as well as stretches the duration giving you the most from your cannabis dollars.

Finding your dose ( New users )

Take 5 milligrams
    Wait 2 hours
    If not stoned
    Take 10mg more
    Wait 2 additional hours
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more
    Wait again
    If not

Keep doubling and waiting between until your slightly to high. Keep track of how much was needed and now you have a baseline for dosing. My wife needs about 7mg. I take 75mg or more.

Each gram of Buds is about 150 milligrams of THC. Legal states limit single dose edibles to just 10mg.
    Most people find more like in the 25mg range to be a good ride.

Take extreme care dosing edibles as you can't get off the ride if it gets deep, dark and ugly. To much edible can be a nightmare for hours and hours and if you overdose her she's likely to never try them again.

[​IMG]
    Third Round
    [​IMG]
    And
    [​IMG]
    Or you can just eat an 1/8th of a gram of Decarbed buds.
    [​IMG]
    Even this pinky finger nail of bud is 30 to 50mg of THC.
    I ate a bit more then this in a hotel room in NYC and I was so hammered I was nearly arrested for public intoxication and that is not easy to do in that city. I was falling down, stumbling, Couldn't talk enough to be understood. Couldn't find my hotel ( I was standing in front of it ). Cop damn near hauled me in.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Decarbed dry bud dust = 4 of 10 strength
    Decarbed bud dust processed in cooking oil 6 of 10
    Decarbed bud dust in oil with Lecithin = 10 of a possible 10

Judging edible strength is a bit tricky at first but as long as you always make the same exact recipe you'll know just what to expect for a set dose.

BNW

4. Welcome back, 40 years is a long tolerance break. Buy some 10mg gummies, take one, and enjoy. If you like it then you can get into cooking if that's your goal.