"Simple" indoor growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Miklelottesen, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hi

I've taken some seeds from some pot that my friend grew outdoors. I don't know which type it is. I've put around 8 seeds in a pot, half filled with soil. It's standing in my bedroom, where the general temperature is around 20 deg. celcius. It's been standing in my window sill for about 3 days, and one of the seeds has started to grow.

Now, the only thing I'm gonna use is that one seed, the soil and of course water. Is it possible to grow a potent plant with just that (no light control, fans, ferts, etc.)? And if so, what should I do for the best result and how long should I wait?

Thanks

2. A simple answer would be NO your plant will not flourish...it will most likely die. What should you do for the best result...Read, read, build box, buy light, buy nutes, buy fan...and know that although a weed tech. its not a set and forget plant. You will actually have to be involved to get a sucessfull grow.

3. here's my take on it.

you can do it.. plant a seed, stick it under a light, and get a 5$ light from your grocery store and turn that bitch on when you wake up, and turn it off when you go to sleep. thats what i did and i got about 5.5 grams. you should only have one plant/seed in a pot though

the problem is that you're going to WANT to do it better. and lemme tell you, when the bug hits you, buy everything right the first time, so you're not nickel and dimeing yourself. never underestimate how attached you'll get to the grow. dont half ass anything, and do it all right the first time.

4. #5 Miklelottesen, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
    Thanks for your replies. I've made an arrangement in my closet:

Pinned paper all over floor, walls, cieling to get best reflection.
    Set up a 60w light bulb and a fan, taking care of ventilation (and keeping the bulb cool, so the closet wont burn).
    Then I've placed my plant in there. And I am going to put the working seed in another pot, when it's big enough.

My light schedule will be turning on light and fan when wake up (6-7 am) and turn it off when I go to bed (10-11-12 pm) giving the plant 16-18 hours of light...

Could that produce a decent result?

[EDIT]
    A pic of my setup added..

Attached Files:

5. just buy a timer and dont try and turn it on and off yourself, you will eventualy forget. And when it comes to flowering...a random time schedule is not good. And let me make this clear, you pinned up paper to wall? Thats not a 60w incadecent bulb is it? Cause if it is your plant will not thrive, those bulbs put out more heat than light.

6. Well, it is a incadescent bulb, but as shown on the photo, I've got a fairly large fan cooling the room. I'm probably gonna replace it by a CFL, but how many watts should that be?

And everybody says white surfaces - paper is white..

7. well the rule of thumb for CFL's is 100w per plant and 50w ea extra plant....search CFL grows and you'll see alot of folks setups using them...can build a nice light system for $50 or so Im sure.

8. Im sorry but I just wanted to know what kinds of things can happen if you have a random light schedule during flowering? would it stunt? Say you dont have a timer and you just turn it off for 12 hours than back on 24/0 than back off for 12 hours etc..?

9. it can cause the plant to stress and go hermi...just not flower...just not good. $5 for piece of mind is worth it in my book.