Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Why do you save the leaves and dry, Do you that to make BHO ?

2. Newbie here. Great thread very informative. My question is: First time at growing. Harvest should be in ayt least another week I think. Trichomes look milky few amber and few clear. I havent seen any leaves turning yellow yet. Shoukd I chop based on trichomes/
    ? Or does my tree still have time.....

Attached Files:

3. I have to be honest with you. I don't know.
    Looks like an outdoor grow. A key factor is region of the world you live in. With that said, you can still use the trichomes and other indicators like we do indoors. Mostly cloudy is normally the best time, but as you know this is not an exact science. My plants show different groups of colors depending on the place I look at.

Best way is to use the "best guess method" and record the date/days. Make adjustments on your next cycle. It took us while to come up with 65 days for our White Widow plant. Less days it would not get you high enough, more days would give a weird high.

This is a tough subject to give 100% sound advice on,

• Like Like x 1
  4. I understand....Im in Miami. First time grower. For me next plant which is in vegetative state, its already showing pre flower The 2 little hairs on stalk( sorry for my lack of proper word knowledge) do I start counting as of then how many days in flower? or when the actual buds are showing? As mentioned mostly milky but depends on which bud you look at. Some amber few clear....etc

5. Indoor growers start counting the day you switch the lights to 12 hours (all seed companies do this is well). Outdoor is a whole science in itself. Most people are measuring the month and temperatures of the region.

• Like Like x 1
  6. outdoor grower... Just dried and now curing. Mason jar with a boveda humipak 65%. So far so good, lets see. Any pointers for this newbie guy?

7. I'm getting close to my first chop and have been doing some reading. Just wanted this thread pushed to the top again! Thank you.
    ☮️

• Like Like x 1
  8. It isn't an exact science. One thing you should remember, whatever your eyes are telling you, you're mind will whispering CHOP, CHOP,CHOP. Congrats on your near completion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Sorry this is a long thread so I may have missed an explanation but: in the original post you advised 60 days for the flowering stage with WW but in this post you say 65 days. I'm on day 40 with my first batch of WW and am assuming I should go with the latest update, right?

Thanks for all your great resources!

10. I will harvest between 60 and 70 days. Most times it depends on what day the weekend falls. We like to do the trim on Saturdays.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hello guys, yet another noob here looking for his first time advice on harvesting and the age old question of "are we there yet?" Anyways, could you guys please take a look at my pictures and suggest when I should look at harvesting? The buds are dusty, the pistles are amber, the only thing missing is some dead leaves, should I wait another week? I am located in the southern hemisphere, Southern African country and this is an outdoor grow.

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

12. To give advice on harvest day is very difficult...
    No matter the state of your plant, the descriptions/details you give, folks will tell you it will be a few more weeks (standard forum answer). It is very hard to tell you when to harvest a plant that has reached maturity. A lot of it will have to do with you, your needs, and the plant type. Keep good notes on the harvest day so you can make adjustments on the next cycle (if you plan to grow from same clone again).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you so much man!!! This answered every question beside one I just made a whole post about lmaoo. Your great rumple.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I apologize if this has been answered but I have a room full of hanging plants and am very curious about something you said about a "slight trim". How much of the sugar leaves do you leave? I've gotten so much contradictory information about trimming but your post was so detailed and informative I figured I'd ask you.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Rumpleforeskin, this write-up is great! Thanks. Unfortunately, like most other aged forum tutorials, the photographs are removed. This is likely due to the forum undergoing restructuring, sometimes more than once. Is there an area where these posts and their photos are available? If not, I'm sure if I breeze thru the 86 pages of this thread I'll see enough choice photos to get the idea.

Due to my lifetime career, I come to this endeavor late in it's evolution and later in my life, so I'm playing catch-up and trying to ignore the smart-asses who have answered some of my (now apparent) obviously easy questions.

Thanks! efa

16. Thanks for the replies. I think I’ll keep on keeping on until she flowers at least. She’s taken off like a rocket since being taken outside in the daytime so no complaints. I’ve done a little LST but I’ll probably let her go soon. I think a tomato cage on her outside will make her more obvious to the eye which I don’t want.

17. I cant see the pictures from the 1st post. NVV

18. Is anyone else getting a 404 on these images?

Super helpful even without them and I think it's time to get the scissors out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. I’ve had trouble loading pics for a while and gave up. There’s a thread in the General section that @TimJ posted that discusses it.

• Like Like x 2