Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Thanks for making this thread Rump, very helpful. I discovered I've been doing some things wrong. For example I've been trimming immediately upon harvest, then I dry the trimmed buds on flat screens inside a ventilated Rubbermaid bin with fan & filter for 1-2 weeks before putting the dried buds in Cannavaults for a few weeks.

I used to hang dry the buds but now I am only getting popcorn (another issue) so it was too cumbersome to hang so many small branches. And trimming is still a nightmare, I've been doing that immediately after harvest because it's been easier to trim the hundreds of small buds. Next grow I'm doing a lot more clearing & defoliation. This time I scrogged without manicuring, got a lot of mini colas. Sigh.

So next time I should wait to trim until after its dried. And do a lot more defoliating, lol.

Thanks for your help, it's been a very insightful thread.

2. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you Rumple, when I turned to cannabis trying to get off the docs painkillers I had never seen a cannabis plant. Have used this method for 5 two plant grows now, I see no reason to try or do anything differently
    Peace
    DD

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Hey everyone, just a quick question and couldn't find an appropriate thread to ask it on , this was the best I could think of. So my question is, when bud is growing and maturing on a plant, what part of the bud matures first, the inside or outside? Jw cause I had to cut my girl down semi early at 60 days after seeing hairs start after, and I'm just wondering if when I break a bud open, will the inside look worse or better than the outside. Thanks to anyone who answers

5. If grown right they will be... the same.

Be kind. Learn your craft. We are one family.

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...hare_tid=1420156&share_fid=78765&share_type=t
    Mook's Indoor Numero Tres - Super Skunk and Chocolope

6. I gave up on mason jars.too much work burping 50 plus jars twice a day. Went to wal- mart and bought a few 2.5 gal. Rubbermaid containers they are air tight and can hold around 8ozs.they are just as good as jars if not better. Once your product is dry you can throw in some humidy paks.

7. T
    They also have different sizes

8. Buy the way hello everybody! I'm new to this posting stuff so please bear with me. Lol

9. I've had these growing since June in the PNW a little concerned about the 12/12 cycle. Using boxes to create a little more darkness. My sativa looks ready to me, the buds look good. But I have never grown before,.So my question is should the trichomes should be milky or amber? I am a little confused with all the info, thanks for any help I can get!! Peace!!

10. Hey, Dlaman, you want a mix of both. There isn't a sudden transition, where all trichs are clear, then cloudy, then amber. It's very gradual. You want as little clear as possible. The combination of cloudy/amber that you choose to harvest at is up to you. Cloudy will lean towards a head high, almost kind of racy. Amber will lean towards a body high, more relaxing. The pic I've attached isn't spectacular, but it's okay. It is of the trichs on one of my plants from my last harvest, about a week before harvest. I probably pulled her down when she was near 50/50.

Attached Files:

11. Thank you so much bacon man, I will let her go a few more weeks.. one more thing, is using the box method to increase darkness a good idea? This forum is so helpful! This is where she's at.

Attached Files:

12. I'd say that she has a few weeks left. I know -firsthand- that it's difficult to wait, and I was concerned about messing up my first grow. It's best when the nugs harden up, and typically, they pistils will recede and turn orange. These two things are only hints that she's ready. The only way to tell for certain, is by getting a jeweler's loupe, and checking the trichomes' color. The picture that I posted above was through a loupe from my phone. Loupes only cost $15-$20 on Amazon, and they're super handy.

As far as the box method goes, it seems straightforward and like it should work, but I'm an indoor grower so I can't speak from experience. I know of others on Grasscity that have had success though. Try checking out some of the outdoor grow journals posted elsewhere on the site

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hey, Rumple. Thanks a bunch for the guide. I've used it twice now with great results.

I know it's an old post (2009), but could we get the pictures back? The links all seem to be broken now, and while I can still follow the guide without them, it would just be nice for the sake of completeness to have them there.

Thanks again, dude!

• Like Like x 1
  14. My trichomes are milky and the bud is looking good. I cannot wait to harvest. Thank you so much, this my very first grow, did one sativa and one indica, my sativa seems to be further long by a week or two. I am thinking I have a few weeks left, my b day is October 8th..wish it could be ready by then.but I am using your method and will keep you posted, thank you so much!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Life saver best tutorial ever Bro!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Someone linked this thread in another conversation and I just want to say thank you! This is great shit here guys!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've just done all you said In that guide, to find all my jars of bud are mouldy, not a bit pleased, were your guide is totally wrong is the hanging time, 3 days is nowhere near enough, you said ' after 3 days of hanging it doesn't matter if your bud is really dry or really wet' prior to brown bagging. For anyone reading this It most definitely dose matter ! Do not take your bud down from hanging if you think its even slightly damp in the middle, this is were I believe I've gone wrong, due to following this guide. I've probably got about 9 Oz's sitting in front of me here that's gonna go in the bin.

• Like Like x 1
  18. How is MJ working for you on helping to get off the pain pills bud?

19. First off I'm sorry that all your stuff has mold on it.If you had read a little more of this post then you would of read that you might have to adjust "you're dry time" every one's harvest is going to be different. I just had to cut down 3 of my plants and when I cut them we got 9 days of rain. I still have one hanging and 2 in the brown bag drying. The only place that I can dry my stuff is in the garage so it's very very damp and so far no mold it's just taking a long time to get them in the jars. And he said that Over Dry is always better than under dry

• Like Like x 1