Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. did the pro source guys say how much heat the 350w makes? just wondering how much? cant u raise the thermostat a little higher to make up for the leds and so it wont suck out all the co2 air. that cool tbe sound like a good set up for me and my hid light, ive never realy checked those out to much.

2. Like I said, I dont have all the details and will have to make adjustment. May not be an issue (I hope)

3. i hope not to. man i can wait to harvest this crop right now its going to be some killer smoke. then we can find out the truth about all these leds. iwill test witch company has the better light out of the 126w or the 180w. and your going to test the 350w and see if it can produce a massive crop and is worth using? now people can see true test about leds. your a good man for doing this bro, to help others.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heat shouldn't be an issue. these unit ususally have their own cooling fans. I've only seen someone try to grow tomatoes with LED's and fail for lack of heat.

5. Hey Rumple- When the times comes, instead of using the brown paper bag method ( seems great, but I wont yield that much ) is it just as effective to just let the buds dry in the same room but maybe in a bowl or a dish?

Any other alternatives besides the brown bagging?

6. You can do it in a small bag with a few shreddings.

7. The thing is I dont like the bag idea. The idea of getting my hand in there and "churning" up the buds is too much for me. Seems like it will knock lots of the goodness off the bud itself.

I was thinking after the hang just to lay them out on a screen where air can pass through for about 2-4 extra days

8. The 3'x3' stackable screens used to dry sweaters and such work great!;)

9. Nice guide. What was your dry harvest weight from this plant?

10. I hope your right about they get thier feel and smell back. My buds seemed very crisp when I put them in the jar. I guess only time will tell. I wouldnt have known what to do ifyou didnt take the time to post this thread. Thanks RF

11. thats is a beautiful plant brother!!! just wondering what nutrients did you use?what size lamp? i presume that you topped that plant just wanted to know how did you train you plant to grow so many cola's?sry one more Q how long did you veg her for?

12. do i have to dry with the paper bag? or can i just go straight into jars?

13. This question has been asked. I will repost it for you.

14. This is not so much a question about harvest or curing, it's about that awesome plant you have there. I want to attempt a scrog for my next grow and I assume that's how you got that giant you have there. My two questions are:
    1) Does a scrog screen have to be square or near square, or could it be rectangular? Say twice as wide as it is deep.
    2) How much space does a single plant usually use in a scrog? I have a space that is 20" x 42" and I am trying to get as much input as possible on whether at single plant in this space would be better, or if I should do two 20"x20" screens... or if I should skip the scrog and just top my plants.

15. Nice! Simple awesome set up you got man, keep on keepin on!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I must admit Rumpeforeskin, I love your tutorials. They're quite good, well illustrated, and well worth reading.

17. + REP works great!:D

18. I have one question. I am in the first week of flowering I let my plants get to be 2.5' tall. It is so exiting. (first time grower) My question is what part of the bud do you look at to find the trycomes? and what is the best color is best for an upity high? Thanks your information about growing has been a God send all the rest of your advice has brought my plants good health.

19. Hey Rumple, I finished drying/curing taking your tutorial to the "t", worked great!! Thanks. Here are a couple pic's of the harvest, bud has been in jars now for about 4 weeks. Dry weight was 140g's. I was nervous about the harvest, so thanks again for the tutorial!

20. Forgot the pic's...

Attached Files: