Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Thanks alot for this guide its been a huge help!

2. The reason for the bags is to dry all the bud at the same rate. Thick branches seems to take longer hanging then skinny ones. Notice I take the branches down around half dry and cut it up into single buds (chunk sized) that are all about even. We cant cut up all the bud and hang it, so the bags are a good alternative for an even dry.
    Like I said in the beginning, we have lots of ways to dry and cure weed.... This is just mine.

3. Ur right there are lots of ways, but ur's is pretty well explained. thanks for taking the time to try to help so many of us:smoking::wave:.

4. How long was your veg. phase? and how long was the flower phase?

5. very nice! will be using this guide for my harvest

6. I only veg for 10 days. I flower for 60.

7. :smoking:Good guild but where did you get those cool micro scissors?

8. I got a deal on Ebay for 5 set for $30. But you can go to froogle.com and do a search for Fiskars® Softouch Micro-Tip Scissors.

9. Ok Rumple. Let me ask u a ?????? How do u keep ur temp down in ur res? 1st let me explain what measures I have taken and tell me if any are alright methods. My first 2 grows in the Bubbler I found myself having to cool the res down 1-2 times a day, keeping the temp under the light at 76 degress f, in the actual room at 72 degrees f. But my buds weren't forming/stacking right. My roots weren't developing right, until flowering phase, etc. Well finally, I had a moment of clarity(when I wasn't stoned of course. Or maybe it was when I was REALLY stoned. ANYWHOOO!) The air pump pumps whatever air is in the air. SOOOOOO...... I turned the A/C up(or down), and now it's a 66 degrees f in the room, which keeps my res at 68 degrees f, and under my light is 70 degrees f at the base of the plant, and 71-72 degrees f at the canopy. When I went in my res after 3 days w/o going in it, there was such a BIG difference in my roots. They're coming in and some of it looked like fuzz, yes fuzz. I know it'll tuen into taproots cause I've seen that fuzz before, but now it's ALOT of it. I haven't converted my bubbler into one like urs, but will by this weekend, when I get my hands on the proper tools. Once I get it like urs I can only figure that I can just drain and cool anytime I want 2. even if it's 2 times a day. I will admit that there are NO signs of mites, which I had my last 2 grows, since I lowered the temp. Thanks for the help. -Dr.

10. You sure you have the right thread for this question?

I don't cool my reservoir. It runs the same temp as my grow room.

11. C'mon Rumble, did u really have to make me ask this ?????? LMAO! At what temp is ur grow room at then? It has to be pretty low like mine right? Or else ur res would be higher than the "optimized" temp of 65-68 degrees f. Anything after 70 degrees and my roots turn brownish and my Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy looks like turned milk. Does the way I have my room sound about right? Wait........... HOLY SHIT! Now I get why u made that thread comment......... Jeez to anyone reading this post......... DO NOT SMOKE BUBBLE HASH AND JUST START TYPING AWAY. THOUGH U MIGHT BE TALKING TO THE RIGHT PERSON WITH THE RIGHT ANSWERS. U MIGHT BE ON THE WRONG FREAKIN' THREAD! MY APOLOGIES TO ANYONE WHO IS HERE TO LEARN ABOUT HARVESTING AND CURING. THIS STONER HAS TAKEN ! TOO MANY TOKES:p:hello::wave::smoke:. Rumple I will meet u in the right thread! Once again. Sorry All.

• Like Like x 2
  12. well sir i thank you cas i busted a fckin rib when i read that, wow that is funny shit +rep for making me cry lmfao

13. Well though u learned nothin(except typing when stoned) from my post, I'm glad it made u laugh. That makes me happy. Much love all:D!

14. Hey Slappy, thanks for the comment +rep.Seriously though guys. Take my advice or u'll wind up lookin like an ass, as I did. HEEHAW! LMAO! Seems like I've gotten some rep for being a stoner(for my silly post). AWESOME! I should take this show on the road with me. DON'T FORGET TO TIP YOU HOOKER.......... I MEAN BARTENDER, BARTENDER!:eek: ~DrD

15. Awesome thread as usual Rumpleforeskin +Rep :hello::hello:

At what time in the light cycle do you cut your plants? Beginning of light, end of light or whenever convenient? Also do you subscribe to the belief that an extended dark cycle prior to harvest is in any way beneficial? Will be harvesting soon and am trying to discern fact from fiction.

Thanks again for an informative and well thought out tutorial... and Again
    :D:hello::D:hello::smoking:And Again...

• Like Like x 2
  16. I harvest during the dark cycle when convenient. I don't subscribe to the 48 or 24 darkness theory. But I dont think it hurts anything (48 hours seems kinda long though)

17. this has help me heaps thanks for the info real handy!!!

18. Gotta say this is the best thread on harvesting I have read, its just easy for me with the pic's and all. I do have one question though, when you are curing the mj in the jars you said you check for mold when you air them out, right?? Well I am new at this but I as considering putting sachets of silica gel in the jars with the mj to prevent mold all together. Is this an alright Idea or just a waist of time??

19. how do i know when to put the buds in the brown bag from haging? when the stem snaps? or should they sill be a little wet?

20. I don't know the answer to this. That stuff seems to be food safe but I am not sure if it helps the process. I have never had it mold using this simple method, so my answer is you dont need silica gel.