Simple grow medium and nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Simbasimba, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Hey Im planning on growing 5 plants outdoors, legal state here. What would be the easiest option as to soil medium and nutes. I would prefer to not have to mix nutes every time I want to water, and just be able to water with the hose or at the most, pH hose water.
    Any ideas?

2. If you're going to grow in pots and not in the ground, I'd look into organic dry nutrients. They are things that are added to the soil before planting, and as you water they break down and live in the soil, breaking things down and creating food for the roots. If you keep applying these organic nutrients throughout the grow (maybe once a month by sprinkling ontop and mixing in) you can keep that life growing.

Might not be as effective in the ground, or if the plants get rained on heavily. The organic nutrients are hard to flush out with water, but can still be done, and it would be a shame to waste quality organic nutrients.

3. I plant right in the earth outdoors

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coots Living Soil.

Or

20-20-20
    0-0-60
    Calcitic/Dolomite Lime
    2/3 Calcitic to 1/3 Parts Dolomite
    Sphagnum Moss
    Worm Castings.
    Perlite
    Vermiculite
    Azomite

5. I have grown in just my outdoor soil, but I have problems with hard pan, so I'm gonna try growing in 20-gallon pots this year with Happy Frog soil.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would go 30 if you can.

Happy frog will be ok for about a month with 30 gallons of soil, maybe 5 weeks. Ocean Forrest might get ya 6-8 weeks.

Neither of those soils will do a full outdoor season with water only. Not even half a season.
    Plan for it now. Much bigger pots, or a nute schedule to go with that bagged soil.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you. I was unsure about that. I DO give nutes twice a week, but was thinking about going bigger. Question......what happens in a 20-gallon pot after those 8 weeks or so?