Simple Green/ Bio Green review

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 7764234, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hey guys, thought I'd post a little review on simple green for cleaning your bongs or pipes. I like it way better than Iso and salt, it's also re-useable and you can get a lot of cleans out of a jug. I think its around $10 at walmart for a decent size jug. I decided to take some pics of the process in case anyone is interested.
    The bong isn't that dirty but I like to keep it clean and I was bored.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres the cleaner, Bio green is exactly the same as simple green.
    [​IMG]

Put the bowl and downstem in a tupperware, throw your pipes or anything else in there if you want.
    [​IMG]

Find something to plug the downstem hole, the rubber sink stopper fits perfectly in mine. If you cant find something to plug it fill it up as much as you can.
    [​IMG]

Dumped the rest in with the bowl and downstem.
    [​IMG]

Let it soak for as long as possible. I let it sit for about 3 hours, the dirtier the longer I would leave it. I usually do this before I go to bed and let it sit overnight. Once its been sitting long enough rinse everything with warm water, the warm water usually takes any remaining resin off. I like to rinse the bowl and downstem first to see if they have been soaking long enough before I do the bong. The bowl is usually the dirtiest so you might wash rinse repeat if it's really dirty. Here's how it all looked after.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully that all made sense.

2. It was 10$ for almost 2 litres? nice,
    What about compared to purple power? and i know i can get it just as clean in less time with Iso+ salt,
    but i just clean my piece everyday or second day max, rinse out the bowl and and everything constantly,

3. #3 7764234, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Im not exactly sure how much it was, I bought a bunch of other stuff at the same time, might have been a bit more. Never heard of purple power? I have tried a different type of bio green that is an engine degreaser and it was purple. It worked pretty well but it was corrosive and stings when you get it on your hands so I stopped using that, the only reason I bought it was because it came in a bigger jug and I thought it was the same stuff. Iso and salt is quicker but this is less of a mess (for me at least)

4. I think purple power is specially made for pipes/paraphanilia,
    about 10$ for like 750mL, works pretty good, real soapy like super slippery n bubbles alot, real good for tree percs cause of the bubbles,

5. Ohh righttt, this stuff is also really slippery. I've had the bowl slip out of my hands a couple times, good thing it's nice and thick.

6. So I bought a jug of this to see if I would like it enough to replace iso/salt as my preferred method of cleaning my glass.

After a day's usage and a hot rinse:
    [​IMG]

After sitting for 6 hours:
    [​IMG]

After dumping the SG back into the bottle thru a coffee filter:
    [​IMG]

And the only spots left after a hot rinse:
    [​IMG]

I'll have to try letting it sit overnight next time, and see if it rinses spotless.

7. that is way more effective than i anticipated. no shaking?

8. ^Correct.

9. wow, very nice. how many usages for a jug that size?

10. I just bought a bottle for cleaning my new bong, which looks surprisingly like wied's (except with a honeycomb perc). After I soak overnight most spots seems to be removed except for stragglers below the ice pinch but above the level you can fill one of these bongs with liquid.

11. Since it's so concentrated, you can just strain out the resin particles and pour it right back into the jug. I assume I'll get my money's worth out of it. :bongin:

12. Simple green is ~$10 for a gallon at ace hardware. I let it sit for a day or two and it is spotless. I've used it for at least 6 months or so.

13. I'd be interested to see how simple green works on a percolator. Looks pretty sweet from what I can see though :smoke:

14. The jug I bought is 6.something at Walmart. I use a jug for a long time just strain out the resin with a paint filter. My buddy used it in his perc bong and it worked fine, just gotta plug the downstem so it stays in the perc.

15. I clean all of my glass with it. SG king stem, 60mm stem line, mobius matrix etc. It gets them all sparkling clean.

16. I love simple green and use it a lot. One thing I'd still recommend is a little ISO and salt after you use simple green it cleans up that smell sg leaves, and any little resin specs left over. I Personaly don't use hot water on my pieces ever. I don't know how anyone does, just seems like too much trouble to heat up water every time I want to clean my piece. And god help me if I use hot tap water ill have super nasty hard water stains instantly. So to sum it up, soak in simple green, little ISO and salt rinse, rinse out with room temp bottle water= sellable on bm clean :)