Simple downstem change, much different hit feel

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by treezpleez, Jul 29, 2012.

1. So this is my now month old Blue Dot Glass piece I picked up from my local head shop.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really love this piece, it's thick, has a 10-armed tree perc, ice catcher, low drag and a dope custom bowl.

Now the downstem it came with looks a lot like the top one http://www.bbsmokeshop.com/files/2009/08/glassonglass19-19mm-glass-on-glass-diffused-downstem.jpg

The other day I broke my buddies bong but he let me salvage the parts and I walked out with a downstem that looks a lot more like this with 3 slits on each side http://www.marijuana.pl/images/economy_diffusor.jpg

So my buddies and I are burnin with my bong and I say why not try this other down stem I have and see if there's a difference. Turns out there is HUGE difference. I fucking love this new downstem, it has really changed the entire way my bong feels. Had no idea a simple down stem piece could affect the quality so much.

Just wondering if there is a specific reason why the second piece feels so superior?

2. Hey- good read and post dude!

Yeah downstem changes alot- I have a a 18mm Roor gridded- and a worked yellow/black straight downstem- ENTIRELY different hits.

The roor chops up nice smooth milky hits- where the worked straight stem CHUGS in big chunky pulls which saw right through the burnin bowl!

3. Do you have pics of that gridded roor downstem? I wanna see that.

@op its awesome how much it makes a difference. Showerhead downstems make it even smoother. There are also gridded and multi arm downstems that do a really good job too.

4. I think because it has less diffusion and more chug. I was the same way untill i upgraded to scientific.

5. #5 Jumbo, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    well now you know the magic of a downstem....

lol

look at these downstems:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. @treezpleez What is that sticking out of your bowl? a joint? lol

7. Aha yea sometimes if we get bored we put a joint inside of a bowl and top it with keif. Works like a roach rocket and then lights the bowl when it gets to the end. Fun change of pace :smoke:

8. Haha nice, I thought me and my friends were the only ones that did that.

9. check my glass collection thread