Simple clone method

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DevilRed, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Hey pot heads. Just thought I would chat a bit about a different method I just tried to clone.

Usually I take my cuts, dip in hormone and put them in moist soil. blaaa blaa you know the rest, light misting yadda yadda.

Well this time I tried it in just water. Took my cut, put some hormone powder on the tip and stuck it in some water. Well after almost two weeks, still no roots.....but the leaves were still green.

So I took pulled the stem out of the water and took a little more grow hormone powder and very lightly dusted it, just puff'ed some across the stem. Put it back, and a week later......it now has roots. They seem to be growing fast too.

I used a black cup, and a cardboard circle with a slit in it to hold the plant up.

So what way works better, this or soil??????/your guess is as good as mine.

I think the soil may be faster since the roots get some air. But this way with the water you can see and visually know the progress.

Attached Files:

2. here you can see the set-up

Attached Files:

3. as long as it makes roots in at least 80% of the cuttings its a good technique in my book ;)

4. i just cut, put in soil and keep the soil moist as much as possible. I mist sometimes but my clone setup keeps a lot of humidity so it all good.

5. only prob i had with the soil is sometimes I was not sure it the thing was taking roots, i would give a little tug.....and shit, just ripped the roots.

Other times i would keep misting and misting for days and days and days.........to find nothing happening.

This way I can see it and not waste time. If no roots after two weeks I can reapply hormone.

6. oh i just leave it there until i start seeing growth to be sure the roots are there. I dont take the risk by cheking :p but u've got a point, i cant tell when the roots are out without snapping em off :(

7. I tried putting a cutting in 1/2 water and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide. The peroxide gives it the extra oxygen and kills any bacteria. Try it and let me know if it works for you or if I just got lucky.