Simple, cheap hydro

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by StillAlive420, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Good luck! I'm an organic guy myself but have done much Hydro in the past - it's a friggin blast once your plants really "grab" and just start going nuts - have fun!

J

2. Thanks man im looking forward to the fun. Hope I keep straight

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

3. Nice, just curious as to what you have in mind for ph temp ppm management?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. I plan on using 2 liter ice bottles. Im getting ready to wrap the buckets in insulation. I should be able to keep my temps in line I plan on a couple day run test to see what its gonna do. I've gotta buy a ph pen but I already have a ppm meter.[​IMG]

5. Heres a couple pics[​IMG][​IMG]

6. One of these days I'll be able to build a DIY set up

• Like Like x 1
  7. She's all done but some fine tuning. Waiting on the clones to get roots. Tonight a test of how well its keeps temp. I insulated every bucket and the resivore [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. took awhile but im finally there [​IMG]

9. I couldn't afford to pay your light bill

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lol believe it or not the two mars hydro lights really do well on elec bill. With the 400 watt light I had last time it was under 175 bucks a month for my whole house

11. My air conditioner uses more elec in the summer than I use when I grow in the winter. I grow outside in the summer inside in the cooler months . but now I have a 1000 watt so will use more. But I got a 33 percent more efficient ballast. A nanolux digital ballast. So im hoping its close. Here's one I started a couple weeks ago outside. Just brought her in[​IMG]

12. Me to mars hydro 96 reflectors

13. Keep metal fittings out of the reservoir cause they don’t play well with the chemicals.

14. Thanks for the heads up. Guess im lucky on that side the metal is above my waterline at full.

15. Well its bout time got it basically done . just need to hook up my exhaust . bout 30 min of work. [​IMG]

16. But your water is running through it.

17. Ill have to look again but I believe its plastic lined inside. Has like a downsize inside it for the controls I believe. Ill check tomorrow . ty brother I was tired and for sure not thinking the other day lol

• Like Like x 1