Silvery spots on fan leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Isopin, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Hello guys,

Im in need of some help. Its my first grow of an indoor Shining Lemon Haze, im in week 5 of flowering and im seeing silvery spots all over the fan leaves. I can see any bugs below the leaves. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. If u see bugs take pics of them or eggs under leafs. I would look into lady bugs lacewing larvae or predator mites onc u determine what u have

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. No signs of larvae under a magnifying glass.

Here is a pic

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. So i was able to find 1 even thou the decoloration is all over

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Good job. Those are thrips. Lady bugs or lace wing larvae will.devour them. Amazon

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks man.

Unfortunately im in high altitude up in the andes and cant find those here. Ill try soap insecticide. Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Insecticidal soaps work fine for thrips. Add some neem oil to it and if you can't get neem then canola oil is what a lot of bug sprays use. 10ml/L for either one.

I've been using concentrated Safer's End All with some neem or canola as I have both for mites and the buggers are finally gone. Just don't shake the hell out of your mix or it foams up and takes forever to go liquid again. Rock the sprayer back and forth to make sure the oil is mixed in well if it's been sitting for a bit as well.

Thrips are easier by far and can be wiped out by hand if you're diligent about hunting them down. When you spray make sure to get everything top and bottom wet as any missed spots make it harder to get rid of the. The soap spray if that's all it is is harmless to you if it gets on your skin but the mist from the spray can irritate your throat. Does me but doesn't bother my eyes none.

Spray well every 4th day for 4 treatments at least. I like to do a rinse spray with plain water the next day. I have extra room in the grow room so just toss a sheet of plastic over the heater and floor off to the side and lay the plants on their sides one at a time and get the bottoms of the leaves first turning the pot as I go. Then stand it up and make sure the tops are done well. Already pretty wet from rolling around on the wet plastic so that part is quick.

Try to stick to the schedule if you want to get them done with one series. I didn't and took me ages to get rid of them.

Good luck!