Silverback Gorilla vs. Grizzly Bear - Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jackhos, Jan 25, 2013.

1. #101 smokehound, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    Lol im about to post a video that shows just how whack gorillas are IRL.

Lol you gorilla fans are gonna hate this shit so much. But You cant blame me for what evolution did, so in advance, here's a tissue for your issues. :D

Report back to thread at 2:00 am.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDxA8-01cp4[/ame]

Bahahaha

2. - Ancient Silverback!
    - Giant Growth!

Problem solved.
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ]Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up - YouTube[/ame]

4. It would be an epic battle,but I don't think I could bear to watch.

5. you're soo punny

6. This thread is very Polarizing!

7. Master chief vs. 7 gorillas and 15 grizzlies.

8. Polarbearizing?

9. Doomguy with berserk pack

10. The bear has taken the lead!

11. Gorilla's are bad ass, but against a Kodiak... c'mon, no contest Kodiak.

12. Bears are pussies.

13. That's because you're searching craigslist for em. :D

14. God damn this is a hard choice.
    If the gorrila is smart enough or was trained to use a weapon like a club or something. I think it would have a good chance at victory.
    But just straight up the bear would win he has the teeth and claws to rip a gorrila up.

15. How about a gorrila vs big foot

16. Wanna change my vote to the bear. It would be a close and intense fight but the bear would win.

17. lots of people underestimating gorilla strength, movement and stamina

18. I don't think it would be close.

It might be initially intense, but, while a gorilla may have impressive strength and perhaps a little more in the way of smarts, every time you see them fighting they're just hitting and running into each other, they're not really aiming to use their strength to pull each others limbs off, or break each others necks or other things people in here have assumed they would do.
    They might be able to, just as the two drunks that fight each other might do better if they stopped blind swinging and aimed for the nose or temple, but I don't see it happening.
    Most of what I've seen when it comes to two of the same size is a stand-off, a wrestle, smacking each other a bit, and one pussying out.
    I'm sure they can and have killed each other, but I think usually all they kill is smaller prey.

As well as that, it would be unlikely they would attack a bear one-on-one in the first place. Such an attack would be counter-intuative to a creature of their reputed smarts.
    They test things, they gradually work things out, but there would be no time for that here, and likely not enough time to figure out that it would need to use the maximum strength in combination with some kind of tactics.

If a fight were to start, I dare say it would be the bear to start it.
    Likely with the gorilla retreating.
    So, unless the gorilla can outrun the bear, I don't like the chances.

It's not like the gorilla would have time to stop and think about picking up a weapon or thinking "oh yeah, pull his arm off, that'll end this" or to climb about his head like a mexican wrestler in this situation either.
    Survival would be it's only thought.
    I believe the gorilla would retreat.
    Yes it has great strength, and better smarts.
    Those better smarts would give self preservation signals.
    Yet the bear only really has one mode when it comes to attack, it's not going to pick anything up, it's not going to hold back, it's not going to retreat from an animal less than half its size. It's on kill mode and fucking shit up.
    They're not slow either for their size. Go try and grab a fish out of the water, see how you do.
    One strike of almost any kind by the bear would kill or incapacitate the gorilla.

If such an unlikely conflict occurred, the bear would be the victor, despite what your imaginative video-game-like scenarios would tell you.

19. The tree was rotting. Lol anyone could rip up an extremely damp rotting tree that was already splitting.