Silverback Gorilla vs. Grizzly Bear - Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jackhos, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I think they would be friends.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. ^I do know one thing for certain...that dude standing next to the grizzly is a fucking tard.

3. Grizzlies that consider you as a family member will -NEVER- hurt you!  Bears from the same litter that have been apart for decades will instantly recognize each other and pal around, they'll never fight.  I never understood why bears werent ever domesticated on a similar level to canids, they're perfect for it.

4. I will admit that I don't know much about bears. So it is entirely possible you are 100% right. That bear is just so much bigger than that fuckin dude! The dude is like a slim Jim to the bear. I just couldn't be comfortable standing next to that monster, even if I had known it from birth.

5. Bears only have claws and teeth, which will not be enough to stop the more agile, opposable thumbed gorilla. Anyone whos been to a zoo knows gorillas cqn clikb the shit out of trees, meaning reach and the element of surprise. Bears however, cant grab only stab, meaning any wrestling, choking, etc would be out for him. And while I definitely cant, Im sure a primal beast like the gorilla can take a few slashes before going down, more than enough time for the gorilla to choke the bear with its foot and bash him with a rock. Also intelligence is a factor, as primates are more intelligent and the gorilla may have knowledge of eye gouging, weak spots on the body, going for the dick, etc.

Edge gorilla

6. Anyone who wants a bear friendship, look up Timothy Treadwell

7.  Sounds more like you know a grizzly would win, but you're saying utter nonsense on purpose to annoy people that know this statement is 100% bullshit.  I've seen your other posts, and they arent anywhere near this retarded.

I seriously hope you are, because everyone knows bears wrestle o_O  They're the fucking pros of wrestling and grappling.  If a full grown grizzly can take down another full-grown grizzly, what the hell makes you think an animal several times smaller has any chance against an animal known for surviving point-blank rifle shots to the head?

8. Maybe the gorilla would wrestle with the bear like people do with dogs and eventually the gorilla would train the bear to fetch, because they're friends.

9. #349 Dearhiggins1, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgnSfrlj88

first ten minutes are grizzly and gorilla.

Gorilla would win, just saw this thread , was curious little late but I'm chiming in regardless I think it would be a crazy fight but a gorilla IS stronger then a grizzly bear, not by much but enough to know that even if they're even strength that "one swipe of a claw" isn't going to happen against a gorilla.

Yes you are right about bears having claws, but a gorilla has (pretty much) 4 arms. A gorilla has an average) 4.5 foot reach per arm and can hold more than 1250 per arm which is double if not triple that of a grizzly.

The bear tipping over the dumpster is impressive but if its 650 LBs a gorilla can lift it and even toss it,  And though a bear of any type can stand much taller than a gorilla, it does not stand when attacking - because quite simply - it can't. (It stands only to threaten or to see farther ahead) It needs to be on all fours to attack. A gorilla can do both.

Gorillas also have a bite force of 1,300(PSI) pounds, which is way more then a grizzlys 900 psi. One punch from the gorilla has an impact of 5,000 pounds, five times as much as a  bear's weight; that would sent it flying into the water. Gorillas also have a habit of picking up humongous objects, such as rocks, as throwing at their pray from a distance. Gorillas also have huge, two-inch canine teeth.

Eastern lowland gorillas have adult males weighing up to 220 kg (484 lb)

foto-s-van-geeuwen-gorilla-nb18724.jpg

A gorilla also beats grizzly bear in biting force, not by much but still, my comment isn't a "Gorillas will crush a bear" I'm just saying this to those who think its a no-brainer grizzly win.

A bear's 900-psi bite is enough to crush a bowling ball. but still not near a gorillas bite.

I'm going to go ahead and say that it would be a close call with serious damage inflicted on both but I'm going with gorilla

Saying a grizzlys claws are "Razor sharp" is quite simply a lie, every bears claws are worn down, don't get me wrong it does serious damage but I doubt it will puncture a gorilla with "one swing" this is not going to go through the gorilla, show me a video of a grizzly bear gutting any animal (while its alive). The damage from a slap is nothing close to the folklore that a bear can disembowel man or beast with a swipe of the paw.  Bear claws are strong for climbing trees, but not sharp for holding prey.  Grizzly bear claws are even duller because they are used for digging. To humans yes it is lethal but to a gorilla ?

A ten foot grizzly is irrelevant because you're talking about special cases, Usually they reach 8 feet standing which again is irrelevant because they cant fight standing

also smokehound your reactions to these comments are funny,  I am actually still laughing because these people that you think are just trolling you are actually being serious. No offense intended it's just how with each passing comment your argument gets more intense. you're a funny guy but I'm still going with gorilla ;)

ALSO, I'm going with scenario 1? close call between 2 though.

I can only see
    3 possible scenarios:

Realistic: the megalodon ignores the whale and goes off to find easier prey

1.Starving shark: it bleeds the whale to death by biting its fins and flukes off
    2.Whale run: Whale smacks the shark with his huge fins and completely crushes him.
    3.Last resort: megalodon and blue whale both die, blue whale would swallow the megalodon whole if it had to but megalodon would chew his insides out.

[​IMG]

10. Silverback hands down. They're badass

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. My money is on the gorilla

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. They probly weren't.domesticated for sseveral reasons.

1. If your NOT their family they can fuck yyou up.

2. Imagine the cost of such a pet

3. There are better options. Cough cough dogs

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Yeah, let's not forget monkeys, okay? Thanks

14. perfect match i think grizzle

15. Grizzly is the largest land predator aside from a polar bear I think, so the grizzly

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Both are beautiful and I'd hate to see them fight but there are so many variables. Assuming it's a male bear of the largest subspecies of grizzly the Kodiak and is the same age of the gorilla and the gorilla is a male mountain gorilla, the largest subspecies, here's how they'd stack up - the bear would be around 6 feet tall ON ALL FOURS and 10 feet tall standing and weigh around 850 lbs, 1,000 on the high end. The gorilla would stand around 6.5 feet tall and MAYBE 4 feet tall on all fours and would weigh around 500 lbs 600 on the very high end. The gorilla usually warns first by screaming, beating on his chest, breaking branches, baring his teeth, THEN he charges. A grizzly simply charges forward, no warning thus has the element of surprise (or shock). The bear is armed and dangerous with TEN 4.5" switchblades attached to MASSIVE paws up to 12" wide and 5" x 1.25" wide razors for teeth (they are largely carnivores). The gorilla has hands and fingernails and flat teeth with 4 sharp 2" incisors. Gorilla sprint speed 25 mph Grizzly sprint: 35 mph. Even in summer a bear can have 7-9" of body armor (fat, skin and hair) - Gorillas have skin and hair over a layer of muscle. Bears fight head to head and get a head/body lock on an equal sized bear - grab the opposition's neck with those razors and his belly with those switchblades - I'd expect the same tactic with a gorilla. Grizzlies have no natural predators, Silverbacks are killed by leopards (both fear humans). Knowing all of this and despite the gorilla's opposing thumbs, superior intelligence (which should trigger fight or flight) the gorilla can't even OUTRUN the bear - lacking trees to swing from since the bear can climb but not swing my money is HEAVILY on the bear!!!!

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. A silver back could take on three of those bears while eating a banana. Hands down the silver back would win every time

18. Arcdotus Simus. Now Extinct.

Stood up to 15 feet high and weighed up to 2000lbs. Gg

[​IMG]