Silver Surfer Help! Vap burning to much

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Mockers, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Latley i have noticed my Vaporizer has been burning my green hardcore on low temps like 12 o clock. Usally I get hits around 2-3 o clock. It's burning it hardcore and ontop of that giving off crappy hits.

I pulled the temp knob off but I have no idea how it should be but it did look a little funky. In other terms idk what im doing or looking for when the knob is off.

Please any help.

2. There are a few things that could be wrong. You don't need to put a lot in the wand, it should only have 1/8" to 1/4" in it. Stir your bowl every 2-3 hits, it helps to vape the herb evenly instead of one spot the whole session. If you have the standard heater cover and wand try to rotate it while you are taking your hit. If you do that and are still burning then try to increase your draw speed. Some people prefer to keep their temperature lower and their draw speed slow, while others like to keep the temperature a little higher, but have a faster draw speed. Remember it can take a few days before you find the best way to use it, not everyone is the same. Once you do find the best temperature setting, draw speed, etc. it will be like riding a bicycle.

3. [quote name='"Mockers"']Latley i have noticed my Vaporizer has been burning my green hardcore on low temps like 12 o clock. Usally I get hits around 2-3 o clock. It's burning it hardcore and ontop of that giving off crappy hits.

I pulled the temp knob off but I have no idea how it should be but it did look a little funky. In other terms idk what im doing or looking for when the knob is off.

Please any help.[/quote]

The knob was messed up or set too high. Just put it back on and try to find the "right" temp for yourself again.

4. With the knob turned to the off position it should be pointing to around the 7 o'clock area. That should give you idea if yours is set to where it is supposed to be.

5. Thanks for the tips and I have been doing all of these thing's. I have had the vap for 6 months and I felt if I finally got the hang of it but now it's pulled one on me. It's burning the green really fast. I mean I take one hit and top of the green is browned crisp already which usally does not happen so fast.

and 7 o clock? I am trying to caculate where 7 would be. I mean I have an idea but it still is confusing.

6. Here, hopefully this will give you a better idea of what I was talking about. The first picture is in the off position while the second is where I personally like to keep mine at while using it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Good pic for reference

I found my sweet spot on my DBV then while stoned I decided to pull the knob off for some reason, once I did that I realized its not notched or anything, just simply pulls off

2 mins later and I found another sweet spot, so its not too big of a deal, but 7 o'clock does help

8. for me the best position for my to start with my dbv was when it just clicked on (9oclock). I work my way up and ended at about 12oclock. When i first got the vape i used it on 12-2oclock a few times, burned some bud and finished it in about 3 monster hits. Since i read everywhere 12oclock was a good position to start.

Long story short you'll just have to experiment a little with different drawing temps, try drawing when you just turned it on or draw faster, you'll find something that works.