Silver Surfer Anyone?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by LeftyDelight, May 3, 2011.

1. nope.

2. On the phone placing an order now :hello:

3. ORDER PLACED I am sooooo excited. The lady on the phone says it should be completed and shipped by Friday with arrival sometime next week. PICTURES TO COME!!! Thanks everyone who provided feedback, couldn't have done it without ya'll. hehehe

By the way I have never vaporized before so I definitely feel like I am diving in head first with this one.

4. Kinda like learning how to drive in a Lamborghini, eh? :)

5. I went with the standard setup myself as this was my first serious investment in a toking tool. Used bowls and papers up until now. But if anything that is one of the nice thing about this product, it gives you options. The prices for upgrades are pretty reasonable for personalization. If you are not picky about slight defects, you can buy "seconds" directly from them on Ebay - (seller name is 7thfloor I believe). Still come with a warranty and everything. I got a what I believe is a "second" from a different seller for a better price than they offered and I have no regrets. There is the slightest mark on the back of it that I had to search for to find. I only suspected because I got such a good price. If you have any specific questions that you can't find info for here, they have excellent costumer service and respond quickly. I hope you like yours as much as I do!

6. Hey, did you order from the SSV site or somewhere else? I am really interested in buying an SSV just trying to find a good price for what sounds to be a good product. Thanks

7. I was in the same boat, had never vaped before I ordered one and I was kinda nervous. Man, you are seriously going to be happy with your purchase. Once you get it and are getting ready to use it, turn it on high and leave it there for at least 15 minutes to burn off the manufacturers oils and such used in the assembly of the unit. In the meantime, grab a screen of the manual cover and place it in the wand. It's a little awkward at first getting it in, but that video on youtube helped explain it really well. You do this backflip thing with it and then just tuck in the sides so it is flush with the glass. Grab your grinder or whatever you use and break up a nice bowl worth and place it on any flat surface in a little pile. Once everything is together, just suck it up like a vacuum and voila, you're ready! When you are ready to use it I would start on a lower setting, I started at like the 8-9 o'clock and got some nice hits. Make sure you stir the bowl with the poker every few hits. The small opening in the glass cover heats the herb in the center of the wand more than that on the edges. That will keep it nice and uniform hits. Turn up slowly as the vap you exhale diminishes. You are working off the boiling point of the cannabinoids so even small increases in temp can make a difference. You are going to really enjoy the taste! I wish sooo much I had something like blueberry or hashberry for this thing. I may need to get some more seeds lol. Oh and if you cook at all and have a cheap crock pot laying around unused, save all the leftovers in a little glass jar. I read you can make some killer cannabutter with it and get crushed one more time on the "waste". Good luck man, definitely show us some pics!

8. Thanks Poo for the information. I really appreciated the time the lady took helping me today with my etching and request for a matching color scheme knob, awesome customer service. I ended up going with the new spherical GonG heater/mouthpiece connection. (Looks like it similar to the standard but with a reverse fit, if that makes sense. And I just like GonG) Anyway like you said, they do have options to interchange those parts for other setups if you dislike a particular one. That is cool.

I found that 7th floor "defect" dealer on ebay, and YEA those prices were good. But they did not have anything I particularly cared for at the moment and I did not want to risk the defect being SERIOUS. I ended up getting a custom one with etched dancing Grateful Dead top hat skeleton, on Rainbow Zen housing with Blue base. And requested matching Red/Blue/Black glass attachments. I hope it turns out awesome, I am betting it will.

9. I order from 7th Floor (SSV manufacture) directly at a total cost $365 tax +shipping. Base price was $269 for the basic silver housing/plate model, but I wanted to personalize mine.

10. how about some pictures for us Lefty, that sounds very nice.

11. you're right I was just narrowing down the list.:D
    I had EQ4 and returned it. I would definitely get SSV over volcano.

12. I don't think it's a right or wrong issue. Some would prefer the SSV over the 'Cano and others would prefer the 'Cano over the SSV. It all depends on what you want out of your vape. Both do certain things better than the other.

13. Out of curiosity, why'd you return the EQ?

14. Pictures to come, stay tuned, next post should come next week sometime. Thanks everyone who gave feedback, definitely helped with my decision. :wave:

15. Holy shit man, that thing is gonna look awesome! I read about that color you got and how pictures don't do it justice because it is just...that...awesome! Love the Grateful Dead idea is sweet too! I really hope you end up liking it as much as I have.

16. Alright so I have had this thing for about a week and I feel compelled to show and tell.

Initial problems:

1. I figured out that the knob was loose and was spinning around the actual control screw/bolt/pin whatever SO I removed the knob and spread the end of screw/bolt/pin to firmly fit inside the glass knob. Minor assembly error that was a simple fix but was quite concerning for the first day of use as the temperature was difficult to guage and I thought I had a defective model. (SSV owners probably know what I am talking about here)

2. DO NOT OVER STACK AND OVER PACK...This is my first vape and I suffered a learning curve. Even after I found the "right" temperature for my draw if I over packed it or packed it too tight the herb would burn and the smoke was harsh (for a vape).

CONS:

The glass attachments are not all that impressive, I was expecting some clean and unique glass work but that was not the case. The spherical GonG connects very well but the glass knob and such are just kind of plain and honestly somewhat unattractive to a glass aficionado.

PROS:

Once I learned what the fuck I was doing, WOW, this thing conserves and the high is just MMmMmmMMmmm.

Also the etching and rainbow zen (looks black when not under light) are pretty sexy. And the spherical GonG IS THE WAY TO GO!!! (I think this should be standard) If you are a solo or 2 man group smoker I would recommend this connection. Though if you want a hands free smoke then someone previously stated this did not saddle well with the hands free attachment SSV offers. I personally like applying the wand each time I want to toke and then puffing on if as I would an arguila or hookah; taking slow long draws, exhaling, and back again, seriously getting my high on.

So here are some pictures (I do not like how the "blue" is actually a navy blue...I might get a red or ocean blue base plate to better match my Grateful Dead theme, but then again its not like it effects function).

So without further adieu PHOTOS: :hello:

Attached Files:

17. I know this does not belong here but, how could I go back to my page one post and edit it to add "I BOUGHT ONE!!! PICTURES ON PAGE 3" or something to that nature? I am kind of a noob to forums and posting and adding reference link and such.

The "EDIT" feature is long gone from my first post. (Not sure what the editing time period is.)