Silver-Gold Bugs >>>>>

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dobro49, Jul 13, 2022.

1. 78659E5B-F0F8-4907-AF1E-9ADA8F40F54D.jpeg This is a half ounce Libertad from Mexico. I’ve read that Mexico has a very long minting history.

• Like Like x 1
  2. its cheaper and safer to spoof and pay the fine then to shut the whole game down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have some that looks like that. It’s in a bag my grandma gave me. I am going to give it to my kids, hopefully they can pass it on too

• Like Like x 1
  4. How much does something like that go for?

So instead of collecting, say america coins, you collect other coins from other countries????

• Like Like x 1
  5. Holy crap, I lost this thread and couldn't even find it using search. I wanted to tell everyone that Apmex had a flash 5 hour sale last week with silver premiums as low as $2.49oz for 100oz bars. I picked up some of these 10 oz'ers at $2.69oz over spot. I'll take 2.69 over 4.69 any day of the week.
    10apmexpoured.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. There’s good history lessons in these coins. At least I think so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. They are usually a tad overpriced but this was a gift. I’ll get silver from other countries sometimes (Canada, UK, Mexico) but prefer old US stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. was it really 2.69 over spot? Or do they avg out at like $26 per oz?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oldest silver mint in N America I believe.

10. The flash sale if I remember right was 2.49/oz for 100oz bars, 2.59oz for kilo's, 2.69/oz for 10 oz bars, and 2.79/oz for 1oz. They pop up every now and again and I tried to post it here, but couldn't find the thread. They usually do spot sales on their budget brands, 9Fine, or Pioneer metals but this time it was their main Apmex brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It’s pretty cool in a way…

• Like Like x 1
  12. The arrow for silver shows brrrrrr but I think we hit $15-17 next year - I'm calling it Duck!

FabnqPrXgAAW1WC - Copy.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. If it does drop back below 18 and goes as low as 15 I might have to take some cash out of my IRA and stock up a bit more. ;) And then just keep waiting, lol. I've got to say that it is a nice feeling knowing that I own something that even if the $ goes tits-up I still have something that will be worth more than paper afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I seen a piece somewhere once that pretty much gathered if there was such a horrible time economically that metals wouldn’t be the great value as expected. Who will trade food for it if it really came down to a Stone Age situation? It’s interesting as metals have held up for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yep. I have no Idea how an extreme situation would play out today. In the midst of anarchy pm's would be all but useless. You can't eat them. But afterwards any type of structure would require something like pm's to start barter, trade and or some kind of monetary system.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I hope it does drop lower or stays around $20 - at least till harvest season. Lol. I look at it as an insurance policy. However, I do think there is a damn good possibility it will skyrocket. Seems like the perfect storm is brewing for this to occur. This Green New Deal will be limited because of silver supply unless technology is developed. EV’s, solar panels, etc will increase demand. If COMEX is unable to make good on contracts, the stock and bond markets, heck even USD could collapse. Triple digit silver within the next 10 years seems plausible.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
  17. “Extreme situation” is the term I needed for my entire post. But as long as it could be traded it would be good. After reading a book some years back about the Lewis and Clark run I thought about hoarding beads and tobacco.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Perhaps it’s already begun. My local coin dealer wants to barter for my tomatoes.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1