Silver-Gold Bugs >>>>>

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dobro49, Jul 13, 2022.

1. F790C6C2-EBD3-4D7B-928E-BC8C47A7BB4B.jpeg The random date Eagle that I got from Pinehurst is a 2014. It doesn’t matter in the big pic of things but I wish it had been from the 90s.
    It isn’t lost on me that I got a pack of auto seeds in the mail today that cost more that this coin.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. D95EB2AD-92D4-4225-BC48-098906E96F29.jpeg I may be a sucker but I just enjoy collecting little bits of history. This is from a seller on Bay that I buy from.

• Like Like x 4
  3. [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Some old Roman coin my pop gave me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. upload_2022-7-19_18-25-7.jpeg

400 AD.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1

6. I heard the podcast last night or the night before and went whoa.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. I would make sure when buying large bars the weight is verified and double checked.

Back in the early 2000's I was bandsawing a 1000 oz bar of 99.9% AG and hit a void that extended through the entire bar. We were making parts out of it and lost at least 10% of the parts because of it. I would estimate 75 oz or more. I don't know where the company we were making the parts for sourced it, but the $ in parts lost far exceeded the price of the silver at that time.

If anyone is curious, it machines much like brass but a little gummier. Use low rpm and a heavy chip load. Try to push chips towards interior, edge burrs can be heavy and thick, depending on cutter size. Lots of coolant helps.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Is JPow going to kill the day or does it stay green till the close? They were preaching the fear on CNBC.

11. 2495A40A-E411-422D-A12A-97D49C9B7C6E.jpeg 17B20F43-3A3D-4E49-9773-3FDD4DDEE86E.png Another favorite Depression era coin. Imagine the power this coin had in 29.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Compare the cost of an ounce today to the current grocery prices and things make much more sense. It is the dollars that have changed so radically.

By design.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. [​IMG]

The Fed is trapped with $2.6T in MBS that they have promised to start reducing, but have no way to accomplish this.

They can reduce the amount of UST on the balance sheet by over $1T in the next 12 months just by letting them mature and not buying new. However, there is very little MBS maturing any time soon, so if they wish to reduce the amounts they hold, those will have to be sold.

But to whom and at what price? They are all yielding far below market rates as they were added prior to the run up. What affect will dumping $Billions of MBS into an already creaking market have?

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Duck nailing a bottom - a round of kudos quacks to the duck!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. always by my side

IMG_20220729_103059620 - Copy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. From what I can gather gold here is cheaper on Mondays than it is on Fridays, unless it’s all just coincidence.

• Like Like x 1