silly question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by spacedreams, May 19, 2011.

1. What could I expect to see from alright bag seed. Like a 14 dollar floro light set from walmart and some potting soil, no nutes?

2. #3 spacedreams, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha..no smokeable herbs? I just wanna grow somethin up real quick. Savin up for a real first grow(equipment).

3. With no food, you should expect no growth.

4. Of course... so which nutes do I get and from where, maybe a refrence to a site or a store?

5. get some basic 10-10-10 fert, and u need 100w per plant..... at least 50w per plant but i dont think it will give u that much sicky icky :(

6. Ok, so any extra wattage above 100 per plant the better? Say I have 2 under a 400w, better right?. Ok there's a local hydro store around, ill probably look there. I plan on goin into a lot more deatiled grow, just tryin to work up to it.

7. If your going cheap pick up osmocote at walmart and mix it with your soil. Im doing a grow testing it in my sig and so far so good with each plant costing about 50 cents for nutes.

8. Your sig? Ok, so I just mix that with some pottin soil from walmart? Are the nutrients in that all ready?

9. Yes the nutrients will slow release overtime all you will need to do is water every couple days. When buying cfl lights make sure you look at actual watts and not the replacement. Look into buying some socket adapters for lights to go into a electrical outlet. Just pick up a outlet strip or two and plug the lights straight into them about as cheap as you can go with being reasonable.

10. 400w switchable MH/HPS bubbleponics system from SH. I'm gonna start with soil though. Yeah I need them, my closet doesn't have any outlets, just has a light at the top. So I would get power strips from walmart for it?

11. Ok so I will give you the reasonable answer you are looking for. With a couple of them $10 shoplights from walmart and the bulbs, a fan, some moisture control miracle grow soil, a couple pots a timer, extension cord and spray bottle you will pay no more than $50. If you do it right and are lucky enough to get a female on the first try you will get about a quarter of bud that would be better than the original bagseed was. If your in it just for fun and to try it out then go for it, if you want a little more veg with the shoplights, then for flower add in about 6 42W cfl's all around the plant so its lit up really nice and you should up your quarter to an ounce of some really nice bud. I should know, that is exactly what I am doing right now ;)

12. #13 spacedreams, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ok... well its not the worst I guess, I really can't wait untill I start my actual frist grow. But by them 6 42w cfls, do you mean the bulbs available for the shop lights at walmart? Ill have to look at them.