Silicone Tubing Deteriorating?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by skinny ninja, Jun 12, 2015.

1. #1 skinny ninja, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    I have some 3rd party silicone tubing for my Extreme Q. I've had it for kind of a while and I noticed recently that there's been a white residue in my bubbler that I use with the EQ. At first I thought it was the ceramic heating element, the vape is about 4 years old and has been used daily. But i'm thinking maybe it could be the tubing deteriorating.

Anyone with more in-sight care to comment? Does silicone tubing release white-ish residue when it starts deteriorating?
    The main reason I think it's possibly the tubing is because I never seem to find the residue in the metal screens, but they get pretty gunked up so it's hard to say.

2. How often do you change water? It could potentially be calcium or mineral deposits from tapwater

3. I was also thinking about that being the cause, it could be.
    Idk it never happens with my dab rigs though and I change the water out for both at the same time.
    The one attached to the EQ does have a lot more bubbling happening though since I take long drags from it, as opposed to the quick hits from dabs.

4. When cheap silicone tubing has failed on me it would usually lose its ability to bend without kinking but I never had it start shedding itself into the bubbler. I would tend to agree with Mack05 on mineral deposits as being a likely cause. If possible give all your glass and hose an overnight ISO soak and rinse if you still have the white deposits repeat the soak with vinegar and see if that works. If so then you can almost bet on the water being the culprit. Good Luck