silent1's closet grow (1st grow)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by silent1, Sep 23, 2003.

1. This one's isn't as perky as the other two. Hmm....

Attached Files:

2. Another:

Attached Files:

3. Last one. I'll prolly post some more if there is a problem, or when they're about to go to 12/12.

To recap:
    3 weeks since paper towel
    400 MH, 18" above the tops
    Temps are around 27 degrees Celsius
    Water w/ distilled water
    Using homemade CO2

Attached Files:

4. Some of your plants seem to look overwatered.

5. Here we are at week 4. The growth has taken off now! I guess I need to start thinking of pruning or topping the plants now (or training).

Gut instinct says this is a female. It's shorter than the others with lots of shoots and weird branching patterns. :)

Attached Files:

6. They're all about ten inches tall, give or take an inch. I forgot to use macro on the camera, so the pics aren't that great. :mad:

Attached Files:

7. Something tells me this is a male. It's taller than the others with very few leaves. The fan leaves are huge!

Attached Files:

8. I hope this one is a girl. It's doing so well! :hello:

Attached Files:

9. I still think I have a Indica strain, or maybe a hybrid that's indica dominant. Hmm...

Anyway, next I'm gonna try adding a little bit of H[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2[/SUB] and Epsom salt to the water so they get a bit of oxygen and magnesium.

That's all for now. I'm just happy they're not dead yet! :D

Attached Files:

10. Keep us updated with how your plants are doing....hope their all female man...good luck

11. looking good.....keep up the good work.......Peace out........Sid

12. I think I'm gonna switch to 12/12 on October 27. I just started training thm as they are 12 inches high now. While stoned outta my mind, I came up with the briliant idea of using a shoe string to train them. So I tied a string around the pot, and I tied the other string to the plant, and pulled it to the other string. They bend at a 60 degree angle. The plants have already adapted by bending back to the light, and some of the small shoots have already gotten bigger, stretching to the light.

I also added H[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2[/SUB] and Epsom salt to the water. They love it... growing fast now! So I needed to water them much more to compensate... which explains some of my droopiness I saw.

I do think I have a nitrogen deficiency. The first set of leaves on some of the plants are turning yellow. So I'm gonna add Miracle Grow to the next water.

All in all, looking good. :)

13. you dont need the h202, didnt hurt to dose it though. those plants look awfully like my indicas did. are those bagseed? if they are i can tell you the largest one most likely will be a male. your plants look really good! im happy things are lookin up :)

14. Here we are about 4 days before flowering start. These plants love to tease me. I always look at them right before I go to bed, and right after I wake up. At night, they look all depressing, as if they're about to die. And in the morning, completely different story.

Anyway, I was too lazy to take them out of the closet for their photoshoot, so here they are. :D

Attached Files:

15. Another.

Attached Files:

16. The training definitely helped, as the shoots are getting huge in some places. But I should've started sooner, as the fan leaves block some of the light in some spots. Oh well, lesson learned... :)

Attached Files:

17. Meet "Kenny". He has yet to show any balls, but deep down I know he's a guy, simply because he dwarfs the others. Hence I tossed him in the corner! :D

Attached Files:

18. Last one. I just woke up and figured I'd snap some pics. They're about 14-15 inches tall AFTER bending and training. Not bad considering this is my first grow. :)

Attached Files:

19. They are looking awesome! I have a question, how much do you think you paid for all your grow stuff?