Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Agalloch, Jun 26, 2009.

1. So for awhile I've had the urge to replay Silent Hill and I never had the chance to sit and beat Silent Hill 2 though I watched a friend play it on occasion. In my opinion, this series is the best in the survival horror genre. The atmosphere of the games combined with the disturbing story has created one unforgettable series. If you've never had a chance to play any of them I highly recommend that you do.

Another part of the game that makes it stand out so well is the music and sound effects. Akira Yamaoka has done a fine job in all the games, and his work really helps the game's atmosphere.

Graphic wise, Silent Hill will certainly show its age, but check online and you can see Silent Hill 2 still holds a very cinematic presentation.

Anyone else a big fan of this series?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Silent Hill 2 is one of the greatest games in the world. No other game has made me uneasy or disturbed the way that game does.

3 was good as well but I couldn't get into 4.

Silent Hill: Homecomings is my second favorite behind 2.

If you've ever played Homecomings, there's a scene where your character is strapped to what looks like a dentist's chair and there's a woman drilling holes into you. You have to press buttons rapidly to break out of the chair and stop the woman. Very intense.

3. I haven't been too interested in Homecoming because of the fact it's not made by Team Silent, the makers behind the original games.

Silent Hill 3 was good too, I didn't finish it but I was right at end game.

The Room, never had a chance to play it and didn't really want to considering it didn't even take place in Silent Hill.

4. Ive always been more of a resident evil fan but thats probably due to the fact that I've never owned a playstation console. I do love the survival horror genre though, probably my most favorite. The new Silent Hill coming up on the wii looks really interesting though and I will probably pick it up. Especially since Resident evil completely dropped the ball with #5 and I've been hankering for a good, solid survival horror for a while.

5. So I get this copy of Silent Hill 2 in saturday and I'm all excited and ready to be freaked out, the fucking CD was fucking scratched on a part that contained the early game because the cut scenes weren't loading right.

Tried EVERY scratch repair method I could think of, finally tried a CD scratch buffer, it completely fucked the CD up so I can't send it back for a refund :(.

But i found another copy for about $15 including shipping, so hopefully it works.

6. Those are awesome games.Silent Hill came out when I was probably 10 or 11.Me and my cousin would sit in my room playing it all the time.The farthest we ever got though was the school.We thought we were far,but a few years later we tried it again and the school was barely even the begining hahaha.

But I think I liked Silent Hill 2 better.Definitely one of my favorites.

7. I'd use an emulator.

I have fond memories of silent hill. I would watch my older brother play it when I was about 10. I'd sit there just an watch shit unfold and help my bro try and solve the puzzles.
    Good times.

I never played the room or any of the psp remakes.

8. Just beat Silent Hill 2. Good game, though I think the first silent hill was better.

I'll make another play through on hard, got a chainsaw at start of new game lol, sick.

9. Silent hill 1-3 were amazing. I still play them to this day... They are so disturbing, such a mindfuck. I love it

• Like Like x 1
  10. yeah i think im gonna replay silent hill 2.

11. Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game.
    But 3 was probably the scariest, there were parts of that game where I could only stand to play for like 15 minute intervals.
    Amazing Series.

I got the new one on the Wii on the while back and it was alright too.

12. Silent hill 2 was my second xbox game. I got so caught up in it i was scared to leave my room at one point... no joke. I never did finish it though just cause i got stuck. Ill prolly get back into sometime next week.

13. Do it!:smoking:

I just started SH3 today, at the subway.:D

14. I've always been more intrigued by the resident evil series, but silent hill was a great survival horror series as well. I agree, the second one was the most epic, and homecoming was right behind it. I still don't understand how it got such low reviews on game review sites (got a 6 or something on GameInformer) it WAS really intense. Maybe switching developers threw them off, still a fun game.