Silent exhaust? Issue...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GYMRATjoos, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Well hello again GC.! I have a little issue that I need some of your guys input on. I have a 4x8 tent. I'm running my central a/c into the tent which is boosted by a 6" 240cfm fan. vented passively through a carbon filter through my 2 600watt hoods with a 440cfm fan pulling the smell n air out.

Questions...
    There is a window in the room but do not want to vent it out of it bc it will be noticeable, is there any way I can build a small box for the hot air to exhaust into?

Smell doesn't seem to be a factor until I chop em then there's a really strong odor in the house. Do they make boxes to dry in so it doesn't smell?

Also, noise from the 440 fan is there any way to silence it at all?

I appreciate all the advice and help I can get. You guys are always helpful.

2. I hang my fans from bungee cords and it takes away a lot of the vibration.

3. I'd gut an old air conditioner and make a plywood front for it, put it in your window and run your exhaust through that. There are a lot of ways to disguise a window exhaust. Get a top-quality filter.

Dry in your tent behind the filter, or make a plywood box and slap a 4" fan/filter in it for drying.

Yea, my 440's are pretty loud on full blast. I use 2 of them so they're quite effective at keeping temps low, have no problems running them at half-power which is pretty quiet. Some people put their fan in a small box filled with insulation to quiet them.

Running (2) 600w lights with a single fan and filter? How are your temps?

4. I live in Florida so the window unit thing wouldn't work as my grow is on 2nd floor. Infrared would fly by see a hot spot comjng from a room uostairs with no dryer hook up...so i think it might be time to make a small 4" hole im my drywall and put a reducer on my ducting and vent into the party wall of the adjacent room. Didn't want to but lookin like I might have too.

I like the concept of the 4" fan and filter will start construction :)

Heat has been my biggest issue started great but since I'm like exhausting into same room temps get up to 88 sometimes and stay low like 70 at night . But my central a/c is at 74-75 degrees blowin all day and all night....

Thanks for your responses.

5. Ok so after countless hours of thinking, and a second opinion. Here's what I came up w.

There's a window in the room so I was going to put a shutter in both sides of the window but one side would be open and act as a veneer decorative window garment to reduce suspicion of neighbors. Plywood would be attached to back of it with ducting hooked into it for vent.

Than I started thinking after I put 2 fans up in the rooms that didn't have fans, there's a white cap that covers these small holes in your ceiling that act as protection for wires or electric housing for future hook ups like a fan or possible another "a/c vent" hahahahahaha so I'm going to exhaust into the attic. Purposely went up there to see what I had to deal with "neighbors adjacent party walls, neighbors vents, etc. come to find out where my grow room is its actually blocked off in a sense from everything else and goes right up and out the roof vents up up and away. So filtered hot air is going out into my surrounding neighborhood with no smell what so ever. I will attach pictures once we are all said n done putting it together today.

Should I leave fan inside tent or put it in attic for less noise???

6. In terms of Infared technology, if you enclose your room in sheets of Copper then it will look completely cold to an infared camera. Expensive, but if you already have a few thousand invested in a grow room, located in an state where it's still illegal...... a grand on some copper sheets is nothing compared to the cost of lawyers and bail bondsman!