Silencing your disposable lighter

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by afgooey, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Completely Agree.

2. light a candle then press the gas next to the candle.

edit: wow, just saw Greenery's post. D'oh!

3. just keep your bud cherried. just gotta light once yo

4. I think that you're just paranoid as shit. Cause who else gives a fuck how loud their lighter is? And to answer the real question: no you're lighter does not make that much sound and you're room mates can't hear it.

5. use a hakko if you're not out, its silent

6. i got it. screw the disposable lighter and invest in a zippo. that way u only need to light it once. stock up on a bottle of fluid, should last you quite awhile.

7. word

the candle sounds like a pretty damn good idea too and there nice as is! mmm

8. use matches :p

9. cause your room always smells like sulfur right?
    lol

10. just get bee-line, then you only have to flick once.....

11. Put sound cancelling headphones on.

12. dunno where to get beeline thats the problemo, okelydokely?

13. not paranoid just careful
    they all go to bed early so i dont want them hearing my flicking when they are half asleep
    and im pretty sure they can hear it because i can hear them fuckin yappin on the phone no matter how loud they talk
    my current stash is some reggie so i dont gotta hide the noise really cause im just rolling joints its nice

14. like what I said, if you're indoor, why even deal with a lighter man (if you're concerned about noise)

get a hakko 454 and you don't have to deal wit butane or noises or whatevers

if you're outside, then use a beeline

15. u mean a vape?

and im thinking abut purchasing a soldering iron, how good does that light bowls?
    as long as it doesnt have any molten metal already on it eew
    beeline sounds good 2, where can i find it, and how pricey is it?

16. The hakko is a soldering iron, you take the metal shield off to expose the ceramic heating element and it pretty much vapes your bud. I've never used one but lots of people on here will vouch for them.

17. the hakko is around 40 bucks (do tons of research here and many will own the 454-455-456... all equally as good IMO)

basically you need a ceramic heating element because when it heats up it doesn't release any harmful odors or gasses (unlike other irons that heat up actual metal)

this allows you to burn the weed without combusting any butane or metallic chemicals

not only that, it's not that hot (compare 700-800F+ to a Bic's temperature) and can really enhance the experience in actually tasting your weed... if you're indoor I definitely prefer it

beeline i was given to by a friend and it works well, has a pleasant taste but it still requires having to light it somehow

18. get a hakko. problem solved. no sound, no worries. or beeline. whatever floats your boat. mmm no butane tastes great.

19. you honestly think beeline doesnt give you anything extra in that hit other then weed?

you are still burning and melting wax and inhaling the vapors, which cools off in your bong or pipe and can possibly reharden.

i stick to my hakko, its the only way to smoke without any flamed ignition source at all.

buy a hakko 456 soldering iron and you will never hear a noise or have to use a flamed ignition source again..