Silencing your disposable lighter

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by afgooey, Jun 17, 2009.

1. So i was taking some spoon hits when i realized that all the noise i was making was coming from my lighter flicking. i could smoke much more stealth if i could silence my bic. the mods keep killing this thread in ST so i guess this is the place. anyone know how to silence ur lighter?
    any input appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. buy a lighter you click, not flick!

3. that sound would be the metal striking the flint. You could silence it but it wouldn't spark anymore. So that just defeats the purpose.

4. flick your bic.

5. Haha, I used to sketch about that when stealth smoking while my brother is sleeping. If someone cant smell the weed you're smoking then they can't hear you flick your bic. If you're still worrying then just take the safety off with a key or small pocket knife, it'll cut down on sound a little and you'll be able to flick the lighter faster

6. Right as you spark the lighter, cough rather loudly. That should do the trick.

7. but then theres the click instead of the flick which is sometimes worse then the flick
    anyone who figures out how to silence a bic gets repp
    that i do, burps, farts, sniffles to mix it up
    i just want a silent lighter that would be easier and really awesome

8. just try to light it really gently, it will click once instead of 20 times when ur thumb makes the circular part go around

I've done it when I didn't want the crappy roomate knowing im smoking

• Like Like x 1
  9. not 100% related but when i needed to blaze and i didn't have a lighter i'd turn on my electric stove and press my joint, blunt whatever on the hot metal and that would be hot enough to ignite it, perfectly silent too. Since you are smoking out of a spoon i guess you could just flick it lightly?

10. Just do a short, quick flick so it's not that loud, you don't have to do it fast or hard or whatever in order for it to light. What I've done is just lower the lighter like down near your waste so the sound doesn't echo as much too....that is if you're sitting I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  11. i got it.

Press the gas on your light, but dont light it. Then Light a match, put it over the lighters gas, and it will create a soundless flame:D

12. dude light a candle next to ya bra:eek:
    Then just press the gas my man

• Like Like x 4
  13. matches make noise as well. what i use to do was get new lighters very often, because new lighters always light on first flick, so you dont need to flick another 3-5 times which causes more unnecessary noise. i dont think there are any ways to completely silence your lighter, the only thing u can really do is try to reduce the noise as much as possible

14. Yup. Light a candle and then hold down the gas (the red button on Bics) and put that next to the flame of the candle. Then use your lighter to light the bowl.

15. you win.
    keep stuff like this up and you will have neg rep nomore

16. just cheef the bowl, then you only have to light it once.

17. You remind me of a brohan...
    His name was JOMO:hello:

18. If you enjoy smoking scented dyes and wax, go ahead and keep using a candle. :rolleyes:

Just go buy some Beeline so mommy and daddy dont hear you. lol

19. nono, you use the candle to light the lighter sans "flick". But beeline is an equally good suggestion.

20. Touchè good sir. I say just spark it once and keep it cherried though :p