Siked, Bought My First Vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by The Lone Wolf, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Yo guys finally got the money to get myself a vape. I started out looking at vapor genies and mflb boy am I glad I decided against them. I narrowed it down to the da buddah vape and arizer solo. I decided to get the solo read a lot of good about it. I like how it is portable and small. I know the hits are not near as big as the dbv.

Im placing my order in the morning, you guys think i made the right choice with the solo?

2. Depends, is portability a huge thing for you? If yes then I'd get the solo.
    I own the Arizer extreme Q and enjoy it. I don't use it as much as I did when I got it but it's still a solid vape for the price.

Also good call on not going for the genie or mflb. Cheap-o things in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think you will be happy with whatever you decide!

Happy for you!
    :D

4. Yeah definitely them, they look so tiny and fragile. I would be embarrassed to pull a lunch box out in front of my friends. I also read about people getting a tolerance to where the lunch box did't do them much good after a few months. Then I seen someone mention the solo and dbv and see how they where only another 50 bucks for a true quality vape. I like the dbv all around but portability is very important. I like the idea of being able to go to a festival or concert or anything and be able to whip my vape out right before I go in. I know the solo doesn't hit quite as hard but I am willing to sacrifice that for portability. 

How are the dbv and solo both on efficiency?

Regarding building up a tolerance with the Launch Box, this is true for ANY vape and is a great reason why you should own a few and put them in rotation to change things up a bit.

Regarding efficiency, the Solo is pretty damn efficient.   The DBV is not.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Meh in my experience the solo is pretty bad at conserving as well. Seems pretty comparable with the DBV to me in that regard except the DBV is a lot more satisfying to hit. 

7. I feel like your tolerance builds up when you use the same piece constantly.  Like Iwien said good to get a few and put in rotation.  Personally I only own a pax and use it maybe every other day.  More of a glass guy myself.  My buddy has a VTower and that thing is great.  Defiantly need to get myself a nice desktop vape.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well dude you obviously have not done your research on the launch box then. The mflb is pretty durable, not to mention if you ever do manage to break it your covered under the lifetime warranty. It's also going to be more stealthy and portable then the solo. Get your grind very fine and your draw technique correct (only takes a time or two) and the mflb can hit very hard... I've had my mflb for 4 months and just recently decided to fully quit combustion, using the launch box as my only form of toking.

Not saying the solo is a bad vape at all or that the mflb is superior, just that you are wrong about it being fragile crap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 lwien, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014

I think you may be in the minority here, PH.   I've never used a Solo but over at FC, the general consensus is that the Solo is one of the most efficient portables on the market.

When compared to the DBV, the DBV has a MUCH larger bowl that encourages one to load up more bud in it.   Add to that, that the DBV has a unrestricted airflow which encourages larger hits versus the restricted airflow of the Solo which provides hits that are not as voluminous and it kinda paints the picture that the DBV is more of a heavy hitter and the Solo is not and as such, would make the DBV a lot less efficient.    I know that you could load up a small load in the DBV and take small hits but that would be like trying to stay under 45mph in a Lambo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wow, Iwien, i'm really surprised u haven't used a solo yet. With all your vape knowledge i just figured u have tried them all..

All?    Dats a lot of vapes.

Young man I believe you don't know Iwien. :D

13. I do agree that the solo is one of the more efficient portables but that is because portable technology is so far behind desktop tech right now. But even a vape like the hammer can blow the solo away in that regard. 

.1 seems to be a standard amount to pack for me in to both the DBV which fills about 1/4 of the way up the stem and the solo with a screen in the stem. My biggest problem is becoming fully satisfied with hitting the solo because it cant bust your lungs and even with a high efficiency stem the heater cant keep up. Imo the unrestricted air flow is probably what makes the DBV a more efficient vaporizer because you arnt sitting there for 12 minutes sipping from milk shake trying to get the vapor its just all right there when you want it and it will always be able to keep up with your hit. 

I know the solo has kind of become like the go to most recommended portable on here (maybe only less than the MFLB) and on FC but I still have a hard time wrapping my head around why. It is a solid vape and pretty good for a portable but im not considering anything that uses .1 in a bowl to be efficient, and im not considering a minute and a half heat up time to be fast, and im not considering the vapor from it to be very dense or flavorful. I dont see a point where the solo stand out even as a portable these days. 

14. Here's my solo, it hits hard with higher heat setting pair with this cheap bong and taste better too.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thats a cool waterpipe setup with your Solo...

16. I love my Da Buddha. I find if I sit and stir I can get 20 or more visible vapor tokes from an average bowl. If I add keif I can get 42 hits out of one bowl. It takes 40 minutes or so. But I am not in a hurry.

17. #17 The Lone Wolf, Apr 23, 2014
    I was mistaken on the lunch box it looks better than expected but I want something a little more.

It seams you guy all like the dbv a lot more. If it weren't for the portability being a must I would have the dbv on its way to my house right now.

With the solo I could always use it in my car before a concert, festival or even work. I could always buy a car adapter for the dbv but that would be a little harder to hide from the popo if something happened. I would buy the dbv and a lunch box for on the go but I dont gave anymore then the $150 to spend. So that's not really an option.

In all seriousness is the draw on the solo all that bad? I know it can't hang with desktops and stuff but do you have to suck that hard to get vapor?

I have read dbv gets bigger hits but the solo gets more dense hits so wouldn't it equal out?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

18. I just recently got the arizer solo for my birthday (best mom ever) and I have to tell you straight up, it is quality and I have no complaints about it. Efficient, quiet, low maintenance, portable, super easy to clean, excellent flavor due to the glass vapor path, and the vapor is very smooth and doesn't make me cough. Transporting it in your pocket means taking the glass stem off but I've found a knife pouch that I use to be able to put it in the same pocket as my phone. You won't be disappointed with this device. 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Glad to hear your satisfied with the solo. Do you get more then one sessions with your bowl? I've heard several people say they get 2-3.

Can't wait for mine to be here on Saturday or Monday! Must be nice having a mom like that, my moms the exact opposite.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

20. #20 No Schwag, Apr 23, 2014

I noticed that the bowl is smaller on the bent stem than the straight. I feel that the build quality of the stems might not be great. They are very fragile, and in my experience, the bent one is definitely weaker than the straight. The bent one does not even fit snuggly into the device but I'm not complaining (though I feel they should double check the quality of their products). 

To answer your question though: If you are a moderate to heavy smoker then one pack will be decent or great for you. If you are like me and occasionally take the week off or even just a few consecutive days off then I can imagine you would use maybe half the bowl and turn off the device because you feel satisfied.

When you turn it off, there is still heat in the oven area and you will continue to get some vapor. I don't think you would realistically get 3 satisfying sessions out of one bowl. Additionally, you would have to quit drawing/shut off the device in order to get more than one session. What I'm saying is you won't magically get multiple sessions out of it, you will have to consciously stop vaping your material to conserve it.

I feel it is a very conservative device because it is really only vaped when you draw on it.. and the vapor doesn't escape really. All the vapor from the bud ends up in your system besides the visible exhale.

More info:

I like to start it off at 3, and I let it reach 3 then heat for another 5-10 seconds. The taste at this setting is phenomenal!
    I move it up after a couple or three draws then at 4 I take a couple, maybe more. At 5, you'll get a fantastic balance of flavor and vapor density. Last night I vaped with my dealer and we had this absolutely incredible white widow (so called, and so it tasted) from California and we bumped it up to 6 and 7 and by the time we took draws on 7 the device just turned off (12 minute shut-off feature.)

They really designed this thing super well, and you can probably expect 8, 12 minute sessions. The herb was an even brown by the time we took it out. Be sure to grind it up decently. We filled it twice, and by the end of that I was fucking baked. And I don't smoke all day everyday anymore but I took monday off, and had been high for 9 hours straight on 420 not including my wake and bake session so I have some sort of a tolerance to marijuana.

How was your 420 btw?

Edit**

I suppose that since we vaped 2 bowls between us that I only had 1 to myself, and so I could have easily stopped after half a pack (using half of one full pack). So yeah, 2 sessions from a bowl is reasonable depending on your usage. The weed I used was extremely potent though. 

• Like Like x 1