Sigur Ros

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by dolus, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Hey. I was wondering if anyone's ever heard of a band called 'Sigur Ros'. They're from Iceland and have really mellow, reaaaallly trippy music, but they dont seem to be very popular around here, i think like three people aside from myself knows of 'em.

just wondering if any of you have.

...wow, i rambled alot. wonder why? :-D

2. they r a really good band. i used to fall asleep to them during the school year. you end up singing along w the words, even though they dont mean anything

3. Amazing band.

I liked Ágætis Byrjun, their album from '99, more than their last offering. () was good too, though.

4. one of my fav bands. they do alsot of stuff with Mogwai also

5. Mogwai is one of my favorite bands. Anyone who hasn't heard them but likes the Sigur Ros style should check them out. The songs are more guitar-driven, but they're still soundscapes.

6. "soundscapes"? never heard that one, on the other hand I can't think of a better name for that genre of music so i'll probly end up using it :p

7. Yea, it seems like the best way to describe ethereal music that's designed to create a particular "atmosphere." I will admit that it does sound a bit snobbish, though. :D