Sigs

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Wykid, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is there any way that GC can change the rules on sigs? i mean, a lot of people dont follow the rules anyway, so why not make a minor change to them? like allow the size to be 400x200, and be able to have one or two sentences in there.

*and i know my sig is a tad bit over the allowed size, but you cant limit art! lol*

2. Your thoughts on sig rules will be taken into consideration. As of now, the rules stand, though.

3. no, the rules are fine, the boards would get overcrowded with large sigs, it would ruin the structure of the boards, sorry IMHO

4. There\'s your final word on that. I suggest everyone get their sigs within the guidelines or sigs will start magically disappearing.

5. Here are the guidelines:

1.Signature Limits: All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can\'t have both text and images.

Text Signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line.
    Font sizes above 2 are not allowed.

For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size.

6. Amen ;-)

7. So do you guys automatically give yourself full rep for being an admin? I think you should still have normal rep

8. Naw They earned it.

9. I don\'t think it\'s possible to give yourself fake rep.

10. they earned it.....more than you know.

11. It\'s not possible.

12. Thanks to Wykid for mentioning this. Now almost everyone has to change their sig immediately.

13. Ok... The Admins have definately EARNED their rep... More than you guys could possibly know...

I have posted 2 stickies on signature limits. One in Recreational Marijuana Usage, and the other in Seasoned Tokers... I\'ve noticed people still ignoring these, and was about to post a final warning basically saying that if people continued to ignore the warnings that their siggies would start magically disappearing... So don\'t blame the thread starter for the siggie rules being enforced. I was just giving people enough time to read the stickies before enough was enough.

14. Yep, there\'s over 20,000 users here. We don\'t want the sigs to detract from the actual post, and many are starting to do that.

Please get \'em within the sig limits so we don\'t have to delete them. If we end up having to delete them and they keep coming back, we\'ll turn off the signature feature specifically for the people that continue to abuse it.

And as far as the rep comment, LMAO. You have no idea the amount of hours we all put into keeping this place running smoothly. There\'s tons of stuff that you guys don\'t even see because it\'s dealt with so promptly. You get the benefit of simply seeing a nicely organized stoner community, while not having to deal with all the various issues that allow it to remain as such. And we do it all with 2 Admins, 3 Super Moderators, and 6 Moderators. 11 people....14 when you factor in SJ and the City\'s programmers. We\'ve earned all of it.

15. OK wow was it worth it to detract like 80 points from my rep for that question

I want you guys to look at that question and read it like 5 times, coming from a fellow stoners point of view.. does it sound mean and hurtful, does it sound like I lashed out and said something bad about any moderators? not really.

the only reason I said it was because all mods have full rep bars, and some dont have even alot of posts which I know doesnt matter but still. I figured if they all had 7 bars it meant that they were mod and they automatically got it

thanks alot ADMINS

and yes, ^ that was sarcasm right there

16. I think there should be some fudge-factor for the admin\'s own discresion in there... I mean my sig has both a small pic and small text (all of which would fit in within a 300x125 image, I think) but it\'s still *technically* against the rules.

Plus, there\'s no way to take into account how \"annoying\" a sig is. Like I don\'t mind most of the graphics people have (many of which are a little bigger than they should be), but there are plenty of text ones that are really annoying yet are technically still within the rules. I guess there\'s really no way to make a rule based on that because it\'s everyone\'s opinion, but once again, mod\'s discresion.

Just my $0.02.

EDIT: I forgot I added a quote in there which makes it larger than a 300x125 image. So strike that part :p

17. heh, my old one was a huge distraction.

the little kid dancing, i removed it myself because even i found it annoying

but anyways, WOW admins

^ sarcasm AGAIN

18. Technically, you questioned the integrity of those that work very hard maintaining the City. I can see why you got negative rep for that...and that\'s looking at it from a stoner\'s point of view since I\'m very much a stoner.

Thanks for pointing out your sarcastic comments...otherwise, we would have totally missed them!

19. Astro has a good point. Technically I\'m breaking the rules, it doesn\'t look overly extravagant though. Will it still be uhm... Held in consequence?? :p

20. Can you not make your sig have the text in it or does that just jack the art part of it up?

I used to have quotes in my sig until I decided to go sigless. I\'d change them out. Is that not an option for people who are using both text and pic? Pic for two weeks, text for two weeks?

There\'s really not going to be any bending on this as far as having both text and pics. SJ is it and his final word was clear. I\'m going to follow what SJ says because I respect him and if this is the way he wants it, then this is the way it will be.

I kinda wish this never came up though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.