Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Signs you got some good Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bunni_, Jan 5, 2014.

1. What are the signs that you got some out of this world goods weed?

2. You get really high off a relatively small amount..

3. Trichomes. If it looks like someone wet it slightly and then poured sugar on your bud, it's good shit. That's literally the best way to tell. Although it may not give a good high (never ran into that problem), trichomes are solidified THC on your bud. You can see the active ingredient when you look at those triches, so if there's a lot, there's a lot of active ingredient, thus you will get real high.

4. Full of tricoms and hairs. 

5. It makes you Chinese. 

6. The smell. It can differ from strain to strain but it should be strong and smell sooo good. :) You'll know what I mean if you have smelled it/smell it.

7. Just smoke it you will know if it is good or not  :bongin:   :confused:   :confused_2:   :smoking:

8. #8 XCITED, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    1. Look for large amounts of 'crystals'. The more you see the better the weed will be.

2. The weed will not be too dry, it will still be sticky and it will not just crumble as you touch it.

3. If it is good weed there will be a shortage of seeds and stems.

4. It should be green. Certain other colours are acceptable too but mainly it should be green. You can also find good weed that can posses large amounts of purple, orange or red and you can usually bet that it is going to be pretty good. Brown weed is NOT an acceptable colour.

5. Should not be overly wet or leafy. 

6. Look for the hairs, the more hair on your buds usually means the more potent your buds will be.

However the best way which will never fail you is to simply smoke some. If it gets you stoned quickly then it is good weed.

9. When you are driving back home and all you can smell is the skunk.

10. Really good strong smelling
    Has an amazing taste
    Looks so good you almost want to eat it
    Doesn't hurt your throat when you smoke
    Gives a strong enjoyable high

11. smell isn't everything though. I've had some STANKY bud that didn't really get me that stoned

12. As well as bud with a mild smell that can rock you hard. 

13. #13 aPersonUponaHill, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    I dont know where some people learned good weed is "sticky", and thus wet. But anyone with half a brain knows the drier the better it smokes and plus the more weed you are actually getting because you are not buying water instead. Geniuses.

Also I just touch it to check dryness and look for trichomes, give it a smell check. Then decide.

Oh and when it is too "sticky" trichomes are still uncured, and thus not fully visible.

14. If you pack the bowl, take one hit and set it down to look at it. You got the good shit.
    If you get pulled over and the cop complements you on how dank your bud smells. You got the good shit.
    If you go cross eyed after a hit or two. You got the good shit.

15. If the ash burns to white it was flushed well. The quicker it burns to white the better.

16. when your poo come's out mushy ,thats when i know it good bud.

17. true although in my experience it's more common that a stinky bud isn't very potent, for the most part if bud doesn't smell very much it's not going to be that great at least what i've smoked 

18. #18 Applerod, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    <Retracted due to failed attempt at light humor.> 

19. For the fourth time...

20. It is strain dependent as well as how it is cured.  Some strains are known for lighter smells and are preferred for stealthier grows.