Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Significance of 420

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by squidouttawater, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Is there any real significance for associating the number 420 to weed? Like the April 20th or was it just a random day people chose and it just turned into the number? lol

2. Nah theres a reason. Its about some kids who used to meet up and 420 was the code. Idk its somethin along those lines. Go on urbandictionary.com and look up 420 or april 20

3. One of the origin stories for 420 is that some kids in SoCal used to smoke everyday after school at 4:20, and it eventually became code for them to say "let's smoke" and it spread through the country like wildfire.

4. #4 GutteralShiva, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011
    Well the most famous reason was apparently some kids at some school would meet up after school and smoke, and every time it would be at 4:20. There is no 100% confirmed reason though.

5. What if 420 was a number originated by the government and they spread it around for some reason :confused:? DUN DUN DUN

6. #7 nug thug, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011
    I read this a while ago
    What 420 Means: The True Story Behind Stoners' Favorite Number

and I honestly do not care whether or not that is the true story. this year I do not really intend to participate on any 4/20 activities. last year I got invited to a party at a friends house, I guess they had a bunch of weed, her volcano vaporizer was out. there were blunts, edibles, bong loads, joints... all that good stuff.
    you know what I did? i dug a hole.
    and I truly believe I had a better time doing just that. I smoked about two grams to myself, by myself, and only smoked bowl with a friend before he went to the party. a number of my good friends were there, but so were plenty of other people. this year i am not even sure if i need two grams to myself. i had about an ounce that day and i know that two grams was not a good way to conserve it.
    if anything, this year i'll smoke a joint and go on a damn good bike ride; that is if the weather is favorable. i live in a beautiful small coastal town in CA and i plan to ride up to a part of Big Sur, CA. if the weather isn't anything nice; i'll probably build the planter box i've been meaning to get around to doing.

i feel that a stoner holiday is an unreasonable time to smoke a plethora of pot. i figure all i need these days is a gram tops and beyond that i am just excessively abusing marijuana. i've been trying to smoke only once a week, and it feels a lot better that way.

for all of you who will be getting 'hella baked' have fun, I don't look down upon you; i just have a difference in opinion.

if anything, 4/19 would be my day to celebrate. i started up a little local smoking spot down in the bushes by the bay for the day following. this 4/19, that will have been three years ago. it truly is beautiful there, and i plan to climb a tree, watch the sun rise over the bay, and smoke then and then later in the afternoon i'll do the same as the sun sets behind the sand dunes across the bay. some amazing memories down at that little spot and i know plenty of other people enjoy it as well; however this year i plan to barricade the entrance as it is surrounded by other natural barriers.

7. Why? The government doesn't need conspiracies to do what it does. And when they try to do something conspiratorial within a few years their cover get blown (as they are clowns who couldn't keep a secret amongst 2 let alone 1000s of employees).
    They enforce weed prohibition with heavy handed policing, nasty illogical jail sentences and explicitly promoting a negative image of weed. And the reason, they don't like weed is for various political reasons to do with appealing to cultural/social conservatives and various pressure groups who benefit/believe in prohibition (including those involved 'in the war of drugs' and the alcohol industry)