Sign

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Verdurous, Jun 27, 2011.

1. One day I was researching links between the Abrahamic Religions and Indian Religions and Feeling quite endowed with divine presence. I was looking at symbolism for God and had to go to the bathroom. I get into the bathroom and there's bubbles in the bottom of the tub from my little sister having just took a bath. I do a double take because they're shaped just like a symbol I was just looking at before I got up. I went back and double checked. It was EXACT and intricately shaped.

Not sure what to think about this at all. Every time I think about it I feel a bit uneasy cause I've doubted the existence of God before, but now it seems like I can't. Like there are other things that have happened like that, but not quite so obvious and drastic.

I hear about people asking God for a sign and whatnot, which I have and not really too long before, but I've never heard of there actually being a blatant sign. I kind of wonder why me sometimes. Like why answer my request for a sign? I mean I do have some unique views and a big heart, but I just don't know.

What do you think of this? I've already considered schizophrenia, but that doesn't hold up. lol I was completely clean and sober when this happened too. It was plain as day the exact symbol as well. I'll look on the web and see if I can find it. I forgot what it's called, but I'll never forget it.

2. What was the symbol? if it was a non complex symbol then it prob just a quinky dink.
    As you notice things like this your brain will always be looking for connections subconciously.

Ex. Say ur driving on the highway and u think of a certain car, now that car that u did not notice before is going to be noticed whenever it passes because u have put this thought into your brain and it will be looking for that certain car subconciously.

Make sense?

3. It was complex and quite intricate. I get what you're saying. Like, I wouldn't have recognised the symbol had I not just looked at it 30 seconds prior, but it's such a distinct symbol.

4. It's the Tamil Aum and according to Wikipedia apparently represents the manifestation of God. The soap bubbles included the details at the bottom too.

Google it cause that didn't upload well.

Attached Files:

5. I like it when stuff like that happens. But I hate it cause I can't tell anyone about it cause they'll think i'm crazy.

Maybe there are no coincidences. I've had things like this happen to me. It's always something I was JUST thinking about or learning about. Like the timing is just incredible, and it's something that only I would know, like someone knew my thoughts to be able to put together a coincidence like that.

What's really weird is that the more i learn about things and get more spiritually aware, the more these signs or coincidences seem to happen. And it's not like i'm looking for them or anything. They really do just happen more and more often. I take these things as a good sign. A confirmation of sorts.

That's pretty ironic that the symbol for the manifestation of god actually did manifest for you.

6. #6 Verdurous, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I know. I would've fallen over if I wasn't already laying down when I read that.

7. Bubbles can't make this shape. In all likelihood you were mistaken, and you saw it because you were just looking at it, and it was still on your mind.

8. #9 Verdurous, Jun 27, 2011
    I really wish I'd taken a picture. I wasn't mistaken because I even went and looked at it on the computer, then went back to look at the bubbles again.

What do you mean bubbles can't make that shape? I'm talking about the little foam bubbles left in the bottom of a tub after a bubble bath, not like one massive bubble. lol

9. I wish you'd taken a picture too. You were looking for a sign and you found one, or rather; You found a sign as a result of looking for one.

I understand what you mean by the bubbles making the shape, but the little details at the bottom? I've never seen a bubble form a right angle bro. At least, not without being in some kind of container.

10. #11 Verdurous, Jun 27, 2011
    It wasn't a bubble, it was many miniature bubbles and that's just how they fell when the water drained out.

I wasn't looking for a sign, I was looking up connections between Hinduism and Abrahamic religions. The Abrahamic religions are easily based on the same core religion, so I was wondering if Hinduism shared similar roots. I also agree with a lot of Buddhist morals and philosophy, but have been wanting to learn more about the Indian religions because I know little about them.

It wasn't a trick of the eye or something I construed to represent the shape in my head. I'm not worried about the legitimacy of the shape, but rather the question of whether it's true random coincidence or God practically screaming at me he's real.

I'm researching stuff that not many people look into, so I wonder if it's like a confirmation that I'm on the right track as far as research. I don't know. All I do know, is that I definitely saw that exact shape in the bottom of a bath tub as if my 5 year old baby sister had purposely made it after the water drained. I also know there's no way she would know about the symbol nor anyone else on my family besides my grandma, who was working. Plus it'd be about as outrageous if one of my family members was randomly inspired to shape foam bubbles in the bottom of our bathtub into the om symbol.

11. You being so convinced of what you saw already tells me that it was probably your eyes playing tricks on you. You may not have been consciously thinking 'I wish I'd get a sign', but you wanted to see one and then, miraculously, you did.

I'd say your eyes were playing ticks on you, or it's a coincidence. Hell, even the ridiculous notion of someone else making the shape with their finger is more plausible.

12. as far as noticing coincidences and signs, is it more delusional to embrace the experience for any potential insight it might offer or to invent a way to trivialize the experience as a subconscious mechanism of the brain to find signs or simply your eyes playing tricks on you?

13. I'm sure that most religious people who interpret something as a divine symbol will claim that the experience was a, "... blatant sign."

14. #15 Verdurous, Jun 28, 2011
    I'm sure of the shape I saw, which isn't something you can contest as a respectable person considering you weren't there. I'm not convinced it was a sign. I'm not convinced you understand what I mean by how the shape was made out of the bubbles and find it ridiculous and pretty insulting that you insist to imply I made this up in my mind whether subconsciously or not.

15. I'm not implying that you made it up for the sake of fooling us or anything of that nature. I can contest it because I know a little bit about how our brains and eyes work together, it doesn't matter if I was there. I'm fairly sure I understand your meaning regarding the bubbles. A bunch of them were in the bottom of the tub, and together they formed the shape that you'd just been looking at, yes?

Why would you be insulted? Our minds trick us all the time without us even knowing it, let alone being able to do anything about it. It's just how they work, they associate patterns. We're constantly looking for patterns, it's the basis of our entire method of thinking.

16. No worries.

17. I wouldn't say it's god (as in a man in the sky), but the universe sending you some energy back which you were putting out (aka law of attraction).

Happens all the time to me. I'll be think of something one day and the next I'll see a manifestation of those thoughts. Like I'll be thinking of an old movie and the next day it's on tv.

18. That's basically my perception of God. Not a 'man in the sky', but rather some sort of universal cosmic energy or something of that sort. Honestly, I don't have any concrete perceptions other than my belief that there's 'something'... whatever that may be.

19. That's where I was maybe...2 years ago, or so. I had a notion that something existed sort of thing existed greater than. I didn't have any idea of what it was or what it was like, I just felt that it was there. Then I asked myself 'Why do I believe that?', and I couldn't come up with a good answer.