*sighs* my vehicle

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by palindrome, Apr 28, 2012.

1. I have this suburban, I named it Gurtrude, found that name to be fitting, it's big, black, and bitchy, it yells at me when I leave it's lights on.

But now it's got problems, so first thing was it was leaking antifreeze inside, heater core, lame, and a pain in the ass to fix, but I fixed it.

Than I realized it was still leaking antifreeze but on the outside, block heater, wonderful, buy a new block heater, even more of a pain in the ass for a much smaller easier looking object. Lame, but I fixed it.

Next the alternator goes out, alright, this is an easy fix, but when putting a new alternator on you need a battery worth a damn in order to make sure you don't fuck up the new alternator, turns out my battery is no good, need a new battery now. Also easy fix.

About the same time this shit is going on is also about the time it needs new spark plugs, new oil change, new air filter, new fuel filter. All easy fixes, but jeezus, I've put half a grand in my vehicle in the past two weeks when you include gas.

If my vehicle comes accross one more problem anytime soon I'm going to be soooo annoyed.

2. Sell it and buy an older Mustang! You can score one from 1990-2004 for around 4-7 grand easily! They're pretty reliable but not the best on gas!

3. [quote name='"i99"']Sell it and buy an older Mustang! You can score one from 1990-2004 for around 4-7 grand easily! They're pretty reliable but not the best on gas![/quote]

My man.

4. lol dont buy a mustang they will break on you more than anything! completely unreliable!
    anyway you sound like a do it yourselfer so maybe a mustang would be a fun project for you.

i hate car problems it seems when one thing goes faulty everything goes along with it.. but if you keep on it and do all the fixes you stated gurt should last you a long time

5. All cars have their flaws, honestly just buy a car and try to make sure it hasn't been ran too hard. Mustangs are however great, minus the gas mileage I've had no problems with my 2000.

6. I apologize for my inability to amuse.

7. It's a girl reading something about cars, what do you expect?

8. Protip:Cars cost money to maintain,and will shit the bed whenever they please

9. Sounds like regular maintainecd to me xcept for the leeking coolant.. Jetta had lots of problems when i bought it... It was a pain but fixed everything now it got all its power back nd doesnt make a peep when idling. Alternator $12 Truck battery from scrap yard.. Free recharge at advanced autoparts.. Plugs filter water pump all known problems with jetta. But now good ridance to those.

Deff ganna lease a fast VW grocery hauler next time so atleast i dnt have to deal with the headaches of an aging car

10. Wrong wrong and wrong again. Mustangs are VERY reliable i've seen 5.0's at 400k miles or more and i've seen 2 over 500k. Maintenance is the biggest factor in how well a car will last through time. The only problem with those mustands was the 3.8 in the 96-98 did eat headgaskets but that's it.

11. it sounds like your ride just needed a tune up. read the owners manual and do all the scheduled maintenance at the appropriate mileage.

And always remember if its got tits or wheels its gonna give you problems