sigh

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Omegatune, Dec 28, 2008.

1. okay well sometime last year i took the ACT test and i wasnt stoned and i made a 19
    a few weeks ago i took it blazed out of my fucking mind and made a 17 haha.

yeah...
    when i took it the second time i felt like i knew the answers to a lot of the questions, i was just going to town figuring that shit out. so my paranoid ass cant stop thinking about what if the way i think when im stoned is completely wrong or somthing you know? because i realy thought i knew what i was talking about on the test. but even if that was true, it would just be in comparison with these people that created the ACT, whoever they are, wherever they are, what if their just stupid fucks, and thats what we have to base our "smart" on..

i dont know.. its confusing to me lol
    im just going to take it again in about a month
    and il get stoned before again
    lol

:confused:

2. i dont understand this tread. if you have a question you are asking GC members, what is the question?

3. I'm confused as well...

Also, I never took the ACTs, so I have no idea which of those scores is better. Do you want the lower one? Like golf? :p

4. lol.:laughing:

5. the 19 is the better score.

ACT ....SAT there all fucking reatrded.

one test should not count so heavily in ones life. that pressure alone is enough to send a lot of people over the edge as far as test taking skills go.

knowing that this one test can weigh so heavily upon your life is quite a bit to take in when your in hgih school

6. damn im sorry guys haha i wasnt trying to confuse anyone
    i wasnt realy asking the city anything... i was just dissapointed, i wanted to take the test stoned to see if i would do better on it, and i made two points worse lol. and it made me wonder if the way i think when im stoned is bullshit because when i took the test i felt like i was figuring out all the answers and doing pretty good but in reality i wasnt haha

again sorry this thread didnt make sence...

:confused_2:

7. In my opinion it just reflects how well you did in school itself. The people who I know/knew in HS that got really high scores were pretty good students, the ones who had lower scores were not very good students.

I myself got a 19 my first time, then a 23 my second time. After that I was fine with it because to get into almost any college you only need a 21.

Also, it is not just ONE test so to speak, because you can take it as many times as you want.

To the OP:

Best of luck, but I would suggest not smoking before it. Your future is on the line bud, and you don't want to regret something like this later one in your life. Be smart.

8. ^^^ Agreed. Way too much is based on tests, mainly written tests. If you brake it down it is such a simple and ignorant process of determining knowledge. Not to mention the fact that some people learn and express themselves more efficientlyin different ways you know. Like for example I learn better when I hear it. If i were presented with an equal ammount of information in two ways, one by being told and istructed, and the other by reading the info., i would benefit more from the first process.

Everyone should be tested according to a method that will best suit them.

Unfortunately this will never happen and educatioal standards will remain as ignorant as they are today.:(

Edit: as a response to yellow bic's post.

9. I didn't know I'd be one of the only people ever on the face of the earth to graduate high school and not take the SAT/ACTs.

Great, now I feel left out. All the cool kids did it. :(