Sigh: MG and MG organic choice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nekochan, Sep 8, 2011.

1. This soils ruiend my first 2 attemps at growing. It cost a lot in wasted seeds =*(
    I know that every1 says get Fox Farm, but Its not avalibe anywhere near me.
    All i can find is MG and other stuff that walmart, lowes, home depo, ect sells.
    I'm realy bad at mixing my own soil aswell. So I don't want to mix my own.

So my question is what is a good soil I can find at those stores? That will take my babys from seedling to harvest. Just a bag of soil i can buy for my first grow

2. Forget the stores go to htgsupply.com or amazon order pay the shipping and be happy. If your outside the US well Ebay and Amazon are on there to.

The bags tend to be big and one bag at least for my indoor growing has lasted me 6 plants so far.

Better then burning through seeds.

If that for some odd reason is not a option its really hard to find non nuted soil nowadays at the stores. MG sells so well there that all the other makers copy there success.

3. ty for info
    i was hoping that there might be something at the store that would work tho

4. Yea its the way it is. Check for a local hydro store..if your in a big city you have one. I live in Atlanta never had been to one then when I looked theres like 5 of them. They all carry FF Soil among many others.

The reason like I said that mainstream stores like Walmart only carry MG is well its a generational thing almost. I can remember MG soil as a kid being around and everyone else emulates them. If they sold something like Fox Farms at Walmart most likely it wouldn't sell and Walmart sells virtually nothing that does not sell.

If you order off HTGSupply youllhave it by mon or tues of next week. Comes fast.

5. Amazon sometimes has free shipping offers on FFOF soil if you have their prime membership (they offer a 1 year free trial). Get a free netflix type service too..

6. to grow seedlings you can use MG seedling mix and it works well but i havent tried their other soils

7. #7 justmeagain, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
    Go to home depot and buy a 40lb bag of earthgrow potting soil less then $3.00 a bag
    40 lb. Potting Soil-72440180 at The Home Depot

They also sell viagro 10-10-10 Veg nutes for around $5.00
    32 Oz. All Purpose Liquid Plant Food-52919 at The Home Depot

Click on my part 1 grow and read where I used both and brought 9 plants with 400 watt hps from seedling to harvest and got just over 9 ounces

My Part 2 grow shows where I did 18 plants with the same soil and nutes and got 29 ounces useing a 1000 watt hps

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

8. You wasted seeds with that one . when i grow with a 400 i use 2 plants and get 4oz each for a total of 8oz.

9. Thanks for the idea. I was very sceptical about that soil, but I might give it a try.
    I also hear that the plants have enough food w/o feeding them for the first 24 days, is that true?

10. Im going to go with
    Vigoro 32 Oz. All Purpose Liquid Plant Food
    Earthgro 40 lb. Potting Soil and 40%, THERMOROCK 2.0 cu. ft. Perlite
    I also hear i should add worm castings, whats that and how much if any should i add to the mix?

11. I used mg organic with perlite and blood meal and my ganja was fantastic. Flushed cured amazing

12. That depends on the soil they was planted in.

The Earthgrow has enough for the plants for the first 3 weeks

13. Was only bag seed that got wasted :D

14. You dont need to add extra to the earthgrow but thats your choice

15. Thanks for all the help I'm off to the store to get the supplys =)

16. i talked to a landscaping store in my area and had a few friends do the same and now they sell fox farm products... (of course we asked because of our roses and tomatoes). the price is great too... and i am shopping with old ladies and not 300 lb guys with gold chains and rolexs.