Sig Not Appearing

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Skizor, May 12, 2012.

1. I have a picture that I made that I wanted in my signature space. That is all that was going to be in my sig. I made sure to follow the rules. It's 300x60 and less than 7kb which is quite a bit smaller than the max reqs. It has ying-yang signs and text of my user name. It shows up in my Control Panel. I've tried using gif and jpg formats, uploading it to the site and linking it from photobucket. Yet, for some reason even in New posts, my signature is not showing up. Is there an internal problem why or what is the reason this could be?

2. Hmmm...looks to me like your sig is turned off...hit the reply button, then look below the text box in "Additional Options" and make sure "show your signature" is checked...

3. Yea... I would if I could if that actually showed up. I see nothing on the quick or the advanced reply that would deactivate the sig.[​IMG]

Any other ideas?

4. Alright...has to be a setting somewhere...I'll have to look for it to find it...not on my computer right now, I can look for it later if no one else gets it for you first...;)

5. Sorry I took so long to get back to you skizor...been a long weekend...

I could've sworn that I saw a place before to disable your own signature, but damned if I can find it now...must be remembering incorrectly...:eek:

Anyways...you say you've uploaded your pic...so you have something like this?

[​IMG]

Ignore the size limit in the pic as mine will be different than yours, but your sig is uploading properly?

After that, you'll hit the "Insert Signature Picture" link, and you should get something like this...

[​IMG]

Once again, I have mine centred, so ignore those tags for the moment...

...and if all is working well, you should be able to preview it like this...

[​IMG]

Sorry for the basic 101 steps, I would just like to know where it breaks down for you...

You say it shows up in your CP, so I'm gonna assume that it uploads okay...does it just not insert properly?

6. yea i got the same problem. it shows up where you upload it, but not on my posts.

7. Does it show up okay in the preview too?

8. #8 FenceWalker, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    If you go to your usercp, click on edit options and scroll down to thread display options, do you have it checked to show signatures?

9. I was thinking of that too FW, but isn't that just what the user chooses to see when they display the page, as in they can turn off everyone's sigs and such for their own viewing only? It doesn't affect what others see does it?:confused:

I'm a bit lost, as neither of these people's posts are showing the line that goes between the post and the sig...weird...

10. Yeah, I think so IF. Couldn't really think of anything else, though. :laughing:

It might be a user group permission thing that is messed up, since they don't seem to have the option to disable their signature in their misc options when they reply to a post.

11. Yeah...it may just have to wait for real tech support...no hurt in trying though...:)

12. Thanks for the effort of trying to help figure it out, IgnorantFool. I have everything checked, including the Edit Options section, and even there everything's the way it should be. This is definitely something beyond what a normal user can do.

Maybe you're onto something, FenceWalker!