Sifika's SUPER OUTDOOR MEGA GROW!! ~ RoseBud / NL #5 / WW / PowerPlant

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sifika, Jun 3, 2009.

1. #1 sifika, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    Whats up GC. I'm back with another grow, outdoors! I decided I have enough experience to finally take my operation a bit bigger this year. After aimlessly looking for a spot for days, I came upon the perfect location. A gated forest that is very uninhabited, due to the swamp near by and the mosquito's, which I don't really mind. This year I will be using an organic soil, and a plant mix of Indica and Sativa. All the seeds are non feminized cuz I'm cheap like that.

I just started this outdoor venture the other day, so cut me some slack, I still need to gather many more supplies. I will update this as much as I can, and keep you guys updated on what is happening.

Here is what I have so far;

Hortibec Potting Soil ~ Organic /w Perlite&Humus x6
    6500k 100w CFL Lights for Veg x4
    Tupperware container and supplies for Veg box x1

RoseBud x10
    Northern Lights x10
    White Widow x5
    PowerPlant x3
    (All of my seeds were purchased at Ontario Seed Bank)

To Buy list;

Foxfarm Nutes for veg
    Foxfarm Nutes for flowering
    Wire fencing to block off the plants
    Pots to transport the plants
    Battery powered fan for the veg box

:hello:

Some of the seeds Germinating!!

[​IMG]

My Vegetation grow box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is in my closet, you cant even see it behind my clothes!

[​IMG]

Cheesy drawing of the RoseBud growspot that is already plotted out

[​IMG]

:smoking:

2. Subscribed homie! OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT

3. second that?

good job with the grow box but are u gonna put mylar in it? I suggest you do cause those lights are gonna be weak if there's no good light reflection.

The hardest part about hiding my grow box is the cables that are a dead give away, but i see you did a good job putting it under the carpet concealed. Good luck on your grow ill be tuned in.

Edit: OMG i just saw your avatar, that shits sick haha

4. cant wait to see what the pics look like

its crazy that its june and it was like barely 60 today lol

5. #5 sifika, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
    Those pictures were taken during the design phase, its fully covered in mylar and fitted with the cups with soil ready for use. I also drilled some holes for the chords to come out of. I will have pics up in a couple hours.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!:smoking::smoking:

On a sad note, I broke my prized possession yesterday. I'm an idiot.
    Luckily I know someone that can fix it, and it will look so much cooler when its all done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. #6 sifika, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    A more recent photo of my Tupperware Veg Box fully ready to go.

[​IMG]

7. Good luck man, sounds like some blockbuster strains. I'll be watching this one!

8. ill be here as well. cant wait to see things kick off for you.:wave:

9. :smoking:You've sure got some nice strains going there Sifica. Sounds like you've got everything you need for a successful grow. Good luck and I'll stay tuned in.:smoking:

10. #10 Leapfrog, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    Interesting.

Hope you are well prepared...

Are you getting more than the 28 seeds you have or is that the "SUPER OUTDOOR MEGA GROW" already!?

:)

On edit: And this is for this year?.....A little - "little" - late for this year with you being up in Canada...

11. Haha, I am still considering more seeds but I am afraid to take my operation larger than it already is. My growspot is good but not good enough for a full out guerilla grow. I figure after everything is sexed out and the bad ones die I'll have 17-19 good plants.

Here is the growbox with some seedlings in dixie cups

[​IMG]

12. Well my friend...and I don't mean to sound arrogant here...nor talk down on you or anything along that line...but you need to get some antifreeze to water your plants with...b/c none of them will be able to finish in your climate.

13. Yep, Ontario sucks, but it can be done! Don't think antifreeze would be the smartest thing for my plants, lol! It's been pretty warm up here lately, and it usually stays at a good temp/humidity until late September, which is close to flowering anyways. :hello:

14. #14 Leapfrog, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  15. Thank you for the chart! It seems I will only be getting 5 months of 60+ weather, which isn't all that great, but I guess it will do. If the weather is like that chart portrays this year, I can harvest earlier to prevent any damage from the colder temp. :cool:

ps. I was jokin too, lol.

16. The chart shows AVERAGES...translating in to higher and unfortunately (for you) lower temps...meaning you won't even have 5 months...of temps being able to support your grow...:(

17. lol, its starting to seem like you don't want me to grow :confused:

It's really not as bad as you think, I've lived here all my life and I can tell you those averages aren't nearly as high as the temperature usually is. I'm not from Ottawa either, I'm much more south and the temperature is usually warmer. Stay tuned and see what happens later on;)

Once again thanks for all the help!

18. No not @ all.

I am just trying to save you some money, maybe for an indoor grow instead? :)

19. I would love to do a really nice indoor grow, but unfortunately I am in college and living with my parents, and I do not want to do anything large scale inside my parents home. If I lived on my own I would be more than willing to venture into the indoor growing scene, but unfortunately it is going to stay outside this year. I guess we will just have to hope for the best:smoking:

20. Good luck man!

Keep us posted.

:)