Side lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fat freddy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Hi all, I've got a girl, and I would like to add some lights on the side. I'm thinking of using some fluorescents (T8???). I would mount them on a 2ftx2ft board. I would make 3 or 4 of these so that I could have some all the way around. I would also paint the boards white.

What would the right type of fluoros to use like this. I thought about using HPS light somehow, but I think the fluoros might work better.

I am currently using 400W HPS for flowering. Here's a pic of the plant and the area that I have to work with.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Attached Files:

2. Have you thought of using CFLs? You could add a few 10" or 12" clamp-on type shop lights with the built in reflectors and focus the light right where you need it. With the distance you have around your plant, you could also use a single socket w/cord and hang one on each side of your plant. Add a 100-150w CFL bulb in each and you are good to go. The standard floro tubes would work also, they just wont put out as much light as the CFL.

3. I would def. try CFL's and position them all around the bottom and middle of the plant in a circle