Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

side effects of marijuana?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jakkkeiscool, May 4, 2009.

1. alright, so i've been smoking for about 11-12 months and well haven't had any bad experiences at all with it, kind of mad at my tolerance level right now, but hey. well here's my question, about a month ago, i decided to ask one of my best friends to toke with me a bit, she never smokes and has only smoked about twice in her life, as soon as she takes her first bong hit, she starts feeling so paranoid and telling me she doesn't feel good and that she can't breathe and feels as if she was going to die.
    i've asked my dealer if he knew anything about this, since he's a chill guy and all, he told me it happened to his girl once but didn't give me an explanation.
    anyone know why?
    haha, as you can see i'm still trying to make my friend realize the joys of being high ;)

2. Just recently had the same thing happen with my dudes girl, she just didnt like being high i think though, whatever.

3. some people just arent supposed to smoke weed man...sucks for them haha

ive also seen similar things to unexperienced smokers and someof them just get over that shit...one of them is the biggest stoner i know now lol

and maybe it was a bad idea to let her hit a bong...even tho i hit one of the best bongs ive ever smoked the 2nd time i smoked, it will really fuck up poeple who dont smoke often...maybe a bowl or a joint next time lol

4. she was feeling that because she has no tolerance level.
    reacting like that from a bong hit would seem normal to me, especially with her her experience.

Not everyone can hold it down when it comes to cannabis.

5. Pretty much what I was going to say, but worded better, LOL.

If its one of her first couple times smoking, paranoia is very regular.

6. yeah just bcuz of the bong hit she got too high

7. the side effects are Hungry, Sleepy, Happy and thats it.

8. some people just can't handle it... idk. one time about a year ago me and a couple buds went up into the woods to just chill out. it was towards the end of the semester and me and one of my friends had been up all night in the study room on adderall. I was writing a 15 page psych paper due the next day and he was writing some paper and doing a bunch of math shit for a final he had the next day. anyway, I just took the one pill, and he ended up taking 3 throughout the night. one with me, another at about 6 in the morning, and then finally one more in the afternoon right before his test. so that night it was basically party time so we had some chairs and shit set up in the woods and we were ripping my bong, and he just starts losing it. his eyes were as big as fucking saucers, and I swear to god from what he was saying and how he was acting it was like he was having a bad shroom trip, it was absolutely nuts. trying to get him out of there and back to his dorm room was a god damn adventure. basically what I'm saying is shit reacts differently with different people. not everyone can handle their highs.

9. Ask her to do it again but next time let her pick the music you listen too and drink a beer or two to take the edge off, does wonders.

Its also gotta be a place she doesnt have to worry about getting caught. aka not a car or her house.

10. haha was gunna say the same thingg

11. Some beginners just look at it the wrong way and convince them selves that some of the effects that we're all used too and enjoy are annoying and scary. Its just in the head and they have to learn how to not fight the high

12. Yeah that sounds like you gave her too big a bong!

But in my experience iv known a couple mates who now do not smoke cannabis at all because it gave them panic attacks exactly the same as you described your friend to have.

It just isn't for everyone. Simple as that.

13. The girl probably got herself all worked up beforehand...aka: anxiety or panic attack... hell it's human nature to overwhelm yourself with fear before partaking in something unknown, a lack of familiarity...something we dread...in my case seeing my in-laws.

Peace...Ihavnionu:hello:

I'm high as hell at the moment...so take my opinion with exactly what my in-laws take it for: NOTHING MORE THAN A WASTE OF A HUMAN BREATH!!!

14. some people don't know how to chill and enjoy being high, they get anxious and start to freak out (like a bad trip on mushrooms but obviously way less intense). i know plenty of people who don't like to smoke weed and nothing i can do will change their mind, one of them says he feels like hes not in control of his body when hes high and it bugs the hell out of him (even worse because hes high lol)

and then there are people who get stoned as fuck and you don't even notice, while they are having a good ass time.. im more one of these types hahah :smoking:

15. #15 Mr Stoned, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    It's your fault for giving her a bong when she barely smokes. Bongs are too much for someone who has zero tolerance and the overwhelming blast would have reduced her to a jibbering wreck. I gave my friend who doesn't smoke a bong and he was throwing up for hours, whereas whenever we've toked joints together he's had a pleasent experience. Next time you're trying to show someone 'the joys of being high,' give them tokes on a joint, that way they can control how much weed they're inhaling and can stop if they're feeling bad, whereas a bong hit is so powerful that it is almost guaranteed to be too much for someone who barely smokes.

16. hahaha i love katt williams you hear the one where he talks about first time he smoked out a vape