Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Side effect

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sandra5, Oct 31, 2016.

1. I have a serious concern. I think i had a really bad reaction to weed. I have never smoked anything in life nor do I drink. It was my first time. I took a very small bite of a rice krispy and I believe weed was baked in it or something. All I remember 20 mins after running on the street bare feet in -3 and not being able to breath. My heart was pumping so fast and i had sudden numbness all over my body and face. My mouth was extremely dry. I couldnt feel anything and i was crying hysterically. I clearly remember doing everything but had no control over my body and it felt like my brain was taking long leaps forward and i wasnt being able to keep up. I asked a friend to take me to the hospital but i wouldnt tell them exactly what i had consumed. I was scared. My partner picked me up from the hospital and asked me to relax in the car as staying in the hospital was a bait. I went through literally all phases of psycho within a few hours and i kept crying. After 5-6 hours the effect wore off but im still feeling tingling n numbness in some parts of my face and mouth. I just wanna know if this is normal or do i need to seek medical help. My partner said its normal and will go away but i do need reassurance. And if anyone knows i can continue to breastfeed. Im scared i might pass it on to my baby.

Thanks. Please respond only if u are certain of what u r saying and please dont pass judgement.

2. You are having a psychotic episode and not a reaction to pot. Unless you are the MOST sensitive person to pot ever the likelihood of ODing or greenout after one bite of cookie that takes 45 minutes to metabolize in 20 minutes indicates Internal Freak Out as oppsed to too much.
    Exceptions to this are:
    Where did edible come from and did anyone else imbibe?
    How long have you been pregnant? (any additional pressures there?)
    Do you have Panic Attacks?
    R E L A X

• Like Like x 1
  3. At the hospital the nurse kept telling me im hyperventilating. But im very certain I was having a panic attack cuz I couldnt breath and that sudden numbness scared me. I have had a panic attack before. Im not pregnant but I do a 1 year old baby that nurses.
    My partner bought that from a friend and ate it too but he was fine. Only I went crazy after eating it. i still feel numbess in my lips and I feel my brain is overthinking everything but i cant stop it.

How long will all this take to go away? I dont feel normal.

4. I think people should try smoking it before eating edibles. You have no idea what it's like to get high yet you eat it and flip out. Not saying your irresponsible but take the time to research and understand that when you ingest marijuana and it's processed thru the liver it's 5x stronger. It's going to take longer as well because of the digestion process. Eat a little and wait go from there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ny partner keeps saying Im tripping out and he has seen this kinna situation before. But im so scared. i have never done anything like this before ever. But im hoping eating and drinking water will help. Thanks

6. I tried explaining this to my friend in high school who had never smoked before. He said that smoking would affect his singing voice (he was a TERRIBLE singer and made shitty electronic pop music... lol) so he would only eat an edible. I told him he's being STUPID because the greatest singers of all time have smoked cigarettes and weed and he's only taking 3 small hits off a bong. He insisted on doing the edibles even though I explained he can't gauge his highness and it lasts longer and is more intense.

He ate a medical grade brownie, only one serving. He got so high that he thought he was having a heart attack, he kept doing weird shit like rubbing his face and curling up in the corner and screaming. We went to an amusement park 4 hours later and he was bugging out, like tripping over stuff and having panic attacks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Omg!! I could have sworn i have having a heart attack cuz my heart was racing so fast i could hardly form words. first i was running out for air and then i was curling up into a ball and acting like a psycho. i remember every thing that i did and i wanted to stop myself but i couldnt. it felt like i was possessed

8. *sigh* I would never suggest edibles for first-time user. It's too hard to tell the dosage and how your body will react. You're fine though don't panic everything will be OK.

• Like Like x 1