side affects from shrooms

Discussion in 'General' started by b00mbox, Aug 21, 2007.

1. I have smoked a lot of weed in the past and i want to try shrooms, but i want to know what are all the side affects from them first. like how weeds makes you forget alot and too much acid just makes you dump, will shrooms like lower your IQ or do any permanite damage? i want to know the same thing aobut salvia too! thanks

2. it all depends on your state of mind / mentality and what reason you take them for

i think shrooms anrent the drug to go get just to get "fucked up"

shrooms LSD and LSA are in my opinion the most complex drugs .. you have to take them with a scope to better yourself or to make realizations .. or just to trip ... but definately not with that "lets just get fucked up" mentality ... you have to respect the drug and learn what it can give you back ...

these are the effects .. (erowid)

POSITIVE
    • mood lift, euphoria
    • giggling, laughter, giddiness
    • creative, philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily
    • boring tasks or entertainment can become more interesting or funny
    • sensation of insight
    • life changing spiritual experience
    • intense feelings of wonder
    • paradoxical feeling of a normalcy and deep alteration of psyche
    • may interrupt cluster sequences in those suffering from cluster headaches [ Cluster Headache Treatment ]
    NEUTRAL
    • feeling more emotionally sensitive
    • general change in consciousness (as with many psychoactives)
    • time perception alteration [ Wittmann 2006 ]
    • time seems to pass more slowly (minutes seem to take hours)
    • lights seem brighter, sensitivity to light
    • starring and rainbow patterns around pinpoint lights
    • increased detection of motion in peripheral vision
    • closed-eye visuals (common at medium or stronger dose)
    • sleepiness, lethargy
    • pupil dilation
    • sensation of energy or buzzing in the nevous system/peripheral limbs
    • memories come to life
    NEGATIVE
    • intense feelings of fear
    • headache, usually as effects wear off, sometimes beginning the next day, lasting for up to 24 hours
    • nausea, gas, gastrointestinal discomfort, especially when dry mushrooms eaten raw
    • mild to severe anxiety
    • dizziness, confusion
    • lightheadedness or fainting (in cases of lowered blood pressure)
    • can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders
    • working memory disruption (reduced ability to do tasks requiring current remembering and attention) [ Wittmann 2006 ]
    but a good dose of shrooms will most probabbly change your perspective on life compleatly and mildly change your mentality .... .. so before taking them you have to accept that

peace and i hope this helped

3. ^^ what he said is pretty much on the money.

4. shrooms are not for impatient people...me and a friend last christmas ate an 8th each...and i was fine...but he was like "weve been trippin for like 3 hours, and the clock says its been 30 minutes"...my girl britt had to explain to him that he was on shrooms, and time doesnt matter...

5. Q F T !!!

haha it breaks down the walls we build for ourselves in our everyday lives, like time, schedules, etc.:hello:

6. Interesting how everyone has had that EUREKA moment with time.. time is not relevant..