Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sick...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GimmeTheGreens, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Well last night I smoked two bowls of some dank I bought. Cant really take a picture but it was $30 for half an eighth. I smoked the bowls at around 10:30 pm and I stayed up high as the sky till around 1:30. Also... This is the first I have smoked in a few long months.

Now before I ask the question...
    I DO have a disorder called GAD (General Anxiety Disorder). This effects me when im in school and pretty much only that. If you know what an anxiety attack is... I have those weekly if not more.

I also have ADD pretty freekin bad :-/ and I am on a medicine called "Concerta" (56mg pill)

I take my Concerta every morning before school so I can actually get things done for the day. It also can be used as an antidepressant cause it gets me motivated and im not scared to talk.

Now to my questions... I have a few.

Does smoking weed effect anxiety? (my worst problem)
    -I ask because I felt sick ALL day. Felt like I had food stuck in my upper stomach for at least 5 hours.

Is a migraine common when smoking dank? Or for the first time in a while?
    -I ask this cause I had a killer headache today and I didn't take Tylenol cause im not sure how it would effect my Concerta.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this headache? Or is it just another headache you just gotta wait out?
    - I ask for obvious reasons.

If you have questions or anything post up and I will comment back. I will be around my computer all day. I have a lot of homework today and I cant go out cause of how im feeling.

I also tried to look up the answers by looking in the huge sticky on Marijuana but a lot of the sites dont come up for me.

I know weed can make people more anxious or paranoid but is there any connection on that making one of my other problems worse?

Sorry for the huge post im just wondering wtf I need to do and if anyone has any of the same problems.
    On a good note.... That was the best high I have ever had... AMAZING dank. I was playing WoW with my brother and I was in Movie Mode for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this :)

2. 60/8th? must of been good shit. Im not exactly sure if bud really has any connection with anxiety. but good bud def. doesn't cause headaches, during or the day after. im about sure though that Concerta and Tylenol don't have any adverse reactions. ive heard of people speeding off concerta, than coming down w. tylenol PM

3. Well i've never heard of Concerta, but Tylenol can be taken with pretty much any medication there is, because its just a mild painkiller.

As far as anxiety goes, yes weed can affect anxiety. It can cure it sometimes, and sometimes make it worse.

I had an anxiety attack years ago when i first started smoking.

Never had one since tho, and i smoke pretty friggin regularly.

And like someone else said, good bud will NOT, i repeat NOT give you a headache.

In fact it cures my headaches.

Especially if its 60/8th dank bud.

4. Yeah this dank is the best ive had. I can try to take a picture later if I have time. The Concerta normallly wears off for me around like 5pm when I take it at 5:30 am. I have anxiety medicine and its basically a sleeping pill (taking it feels like a half hit of mids). It just really puts me to sleep though. Main reason I didnt take the Tylenol is cause I didnt want to puke it up :-/

I was reading though that weed lowers your immune system... I had a cold yesterday and could this of made it worse?
    And the stomach thing might be becase of the headache. idk im still lookin for answers. Thanks for the help so far though

5. Well im hearin a lot about the quality of the bud...
    The second bowl I hit I put the rest of my friends shitty mids and a bit of dank.
    I woke up this morning though and my head was just killing me. I was supposed to take my medicine around 5 but I just went right back to sleep for an hour. Im still pretty concerned about my feeling of puking.

I had a problem last year with this... Lasted half a school year and absolutly nothing could fix it without the medicine putting me asleep.

6. Ughh yeah man. I remember I felt really sick once and had a headache. I was too sick to eat. So I just popped 3 advil and went back to bed. I felt nausious for 30 minutes before puking the advil back up. Don't take advil on an empty stomach. Thats for sure. ;)

7. havent seen any good evidence yet that bud works against your immune system more than bad sleeping patterns or bad diet.

8. Good point. You might be completely right, I just have a feeling that its cause of the weed cause its happening like right after it. ya know?

I dont eat good and Hardly sleep good but its all cause of the medicine I take to eventually go to college :-/

Concerta makes me pretty much stop the day I take it. This monday I weighed myself in the morning at 148 and in the afternoon I was 142. Although I doubt the headache is from bad eating/sleeping the common cold part might be.

9. take a break untill your done w. that cold. than some some of that dank again. cant help ya if that doesnt fix it =/. never gotten headaches off bud. unless its schwaggaty schwagg

10. Alright feumor. Thanks for all your info, I really do appreciate it.

Stoner question though... Think the dank will cure the headache? :p

11. Actually, smoking weed cures migraines. This is proven by research BUT,

Before I started smokign regularly i had a HEAVY migraine at least once a week. Since daily smoking, I have had none. You probably just had a regular headache. People tend to call every headache a migraine:rolleyes:

Hope your questions have all been answered.

12. Ha I know what your saying Emblazened. I will change what I said I guess to...

I had a migrane at least an hour in the morning. I felt like I was on the verge of puking for about an hour and a half. When my headache started to faid, my nauseuos feeling started to faid as well.

This part might seem far out there and not many people will know what it is but...
    If there are any smokers here who have experianced Derealization/Depersonalization outside of smoking weed can you please contact me.
    Other facts about smoking and Derealization/Depersonalization would be helpfull too.
    My email is Tranceofenigma@gmail.com
    Thanks!

1. Smoking weed can affect your anxiety. While most associate smoking with relaxation, it is the "chill state" that it puts your mind into that can lead to the access of anxiety. When in this high state, your anxieties can be put into the open, and you're forced to deal with all these problems at the same time.
    2. As for your ADD medication, Concerta is not an antidepressant. It is an amphetamine that blocks the reuptake of dopamine in the brain. It is a stimulant. I have similar medicine for my ADD, Ritalin, and, as for me, smoking weed and taking your medication is counter productive.
    3. If you are taking Concerta in the morning, the effects (even for long lasting versions) wear off within 10 hours. Smoking weed after this time is fine; it doesn't interfere. Like Weed, Concerta's effects only sustain for a limited amount of time, and when the drug's influence in the brain wears off, so do the side effects.
    This is just from what I know as a psych major. I could be wrong, ask your psychiatrist. They can't snitch on your for smoking weed.

13. Thanks Mannie for that huge chunk of info. I was talking to my mom earlier and just people at school. Im just getting sick in general. I am not about 75% sure its not cause of the weed. The headache was probably from just staying up late with my eyes glued to the tv taking in a bunch of light with my pupils HUGE.

When I said Concerta is an antidepressent I didnt mean it as a drug fact. It just helps me personally to get motovated.

Anyone think the headache could of been from the lights?

14. OK man ehres whatsup... ive been on concerta aderal ritalin and every drug under the sun... concerta is methylphenidate... which is very simmaler to dextramphetimne, which is the active ingrediatnt in dexadrine and in Vivance... you can take it with tylenol... i have GAD and alot of other things as well and weed will not make this worse... you are sick man... unless u were smokin plastic u shood be ok... now if u smoke ditch weed.... u will have a bad headache the next morning

15. You just answered almost all my questions :) thanks for fillin in blanks about the meds and GAD.

16. No problem. if ur thankful rep me... thats what its for man! anyquestions reguarding amphetamines+THC come to me! im currently on Vyvance, Aderal, Dexadrine, Seraquil, Welbutrin, Bupropin, zoloft, and Meletonin as a PRN!!! yey meds! been on um since i was 6 fucked me up sooo bad.... addicted to dextramphetamine now... gotta love big pharacuticals!